who's the main man

Guest Silverwings

Guest Silverwings

which fancier past or present has been your inspiration within the sport ? who has given you the help, advice,knowledge or pigeons that set you on the road......ray

Many have helped me with advice & birds in no particular order Jim Biss George & Maureen Bates Jack Harris Richard Howey John & Cynthia Ward Bill Kitchen appologies if i missed anybody

Guest Silverwings

got a lot of info and knowledge from the writings of fred marriot and d.v belding also a book on widowhood by j.w.langstone and of course the eye sign book by s.w.e.bishop , i think the majority of stuff in my head is from just being involved with pigeons , the best fancier i have ever met and competed against without doubt is A.P.Beardsmore closely followod by George Turner as for stock men the late Frank Faulkener holds court along with Maurice Voets ......ray

Of course still learning as always will be ;)

Met some real gentlemen in sport including in own club Frank Duncan who though not racing anymore still take my birds to club what a man.  Don Dennis gave me my love of channel racing.  Meeting lads from Congleton inspired me George Bowyer and Alan Winstanley who made me turn to National Racing.  All members of my club mostly Andrew Lawley and Roy Dovaston.

And all the great members of the pigeon chat forums i'm on.  As learn everyday i log on.

Good luck all in 2008 keep advice coming ;)

Many years ago (& I mean many years ago  ;D ;D ;D) I purchased 1, How to become & stay a champion & 2, Succesful methods with young & old birds, both written by Jules Gallez, a bit out of date now I amagine for many here.  But as relevant in my view for today's racing, as when they were first printed.

PS, Never quite made the champion status  :P;) ;) ;), but it certainly was not the  fault of the books etc.

Enjoy.

Thanks for my bit of knowlege goes to Mr Eric Crick, Mr Robbie Wilton, Mr Tommy Hibbs and last but by no means least Mr W. L. (Bill) Haines Esq. My own "Fantastic 4" and without who's help, advice and even birds, I'm sure, the red card would still be eluding me to this day. Doubt they will get to read this but Cheers guys, your the best in my eyes!

Frank Pearson & Philip Dransfield absolute gentlemen and legends in Yorkshire and many other areas of the UK

Taffy Bowen one of the greatest men I've ever met in or out of the sport

Bilco a good friend who will kick my *expletive removed* if he thinks I'm wrong but will be there for me whenever I'm wrong.

And two couples who were very kind to me and are the tops Geoff & Catherine Cooper, and Ron & Bev Palfreyman of Cheadle.