heavy winds in scotland last night

frank-123

Guest TAMMY_1
some terrible weather last night trees down flooding 80 mph winds

was going to pair up today but its freezing so might hold till saturday

hope there was not any damage to any lofts

At least there is one post on this thread that mentions pigeons.  :-/

Got to have a bit of variation to keep it going surely? Lighten up and live and let live I say! Its not bitching and its not personal so whats the problem?

Me personally I have never seen a problem, humour is inevitable on the site and long may it continue :-/

Guest TAMMY_1

Got to have a bit of variation to keep it going surely? Lighten up and live and let live I say! Its not bitching and its not personal so whats the problem?

I don't have a problem, never did, I was always happy with banter on threads, was just that in interpreting the rules that banter was no longer allowed on certain threads, fine by what fifer says about the weather being an important piece of information,but I would have thought that was when birds were racing, not in the middle of winter when birds will not even be out in high winds, but if that is the banter back on the threads it is more than welcome by me .

Me personally I have never seen a problem, humour is inevitable on the site and long may it continue :-/

Well I couldnt agree more with you! There are two Pigeon clubs in my city, one has a miserable atmosphere due to the people that run it and the other one is quite different, has lots of fun and banter. Answers on a post card as to which of the 2 clubs has 16 members and which one has 6? Also which club gains members from the other? Its also got nothing to do with performances, the happy club has he best flyers by a million miles, infact the strongest club in the Federation. Lets not see pigeon basics get like that its not so rosey

I don't have a problem, never did, I was always happy with banter on threads, was just that in interpreting the rules that banter was no longer allowed on certain threads, fine by what fifer says about the weather being an important piece of information,but I would have thought that was when birds were racing, not in the middle of winter when birds will not even be out in high winds, but if that is the banter back on the threads it is more than welcome by me .

Didnt think you had a problem really Tammy, you have posted as much humour as anyone has here and long may that be the case. I was quite interested to know of the dificulties you guys up there were having with the weather as damaging winds are relevant to pigeon folk, as lets face it most lofts are vulnerable from wind damage dont you agree so must be of relevance

I PRESUME IT WAS MY 2 POSTS THAT WERE REMOVED...NO PROBLEM I CAN HANDLE IT......WEATHER HERE IS OK BUT MISERABLE...COLD

Getting some posts removed is not a problem, it is when is done the way it is sometimes. Wasn't that long ago you were going to stiffen Bruno for removing and deleting some of your posts Mick :-/

Here is a good link for the weather, found it to be quite good/reasonably accurate :-/ The winds are dying down ;D

http://weather.uk.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:UKXX0775

Detailed weather forecast °F | °C

Day Forecast Description Precipitation chance

Today

09 Jan

Details Cloudy

High: 4° Low: -1°

Day: Cloudy skies. High 39F, humidity 75%. Winds WSW at 40 to 45 mph.

80%

Night: Mostly clear skies. Low 31F. Winds SW at 15 to 20 mph.

35%

Tomorrow

10 Jan

Details Rain

High: 2° Low: 0°

Day: Cloudy with showers. High 36F, humidity 80%. Winds N at 15 to 20 mph.

65%

Night: Mostly clear skies. Low 31F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.

25%

Friday

11 Jan Cloudy

High: 2° Low: -2°

Cloudy skies. High 36F and low 29F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

5%

Saturday

12 Jan Fair

High: 1° Low: 1°

Partly cloudy skies. High 33F and low 33F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.

25%

Sunday

13 Jan Showers

High: 6° Low: 3°

Cloudy with drizzle. High 42F and low 38F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

95%

Detailed ten-day foreca

Weather here in Fife this morning was gale forced, at 6.30AM this morning I was on my loft roof attempting to raise the 12foot trellis that had been blown down onto the roof of my aviary, forgot to say the wife was at the back door shouting that I must be mad to be up on the roof in gale force winds :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ So I have a job for the weekend :-/ We must really love our pigeons ;D ;D ;D ;D

Getting some posts removed is not a problem, it is when is done the way it is sometimes. Wasn't that long ago you were going to stiffen Bruno for removing and deleting some of your posts Mick :-/

true but ive grown up a bit now....i was trying to wind him up......i miss him now..... :'( :'( :'(

Wind not worrying me to much at the minute as birds are locked in - The next door neighbour banging me up at 4am like a police raid to let me know my gate had blown wide open now thats worrying me - and they say a good neighbour is priceless could have strangled him (even though i know his heart is in right place)

Wind not worrying me to much at the minute as birds are locked in - The next door neighbour banging me up at 4am like a police raid to let me know my gate had blown wide open now thats worrying me - and they say a good neighbour is priceless could have strangled him (even though i know his heart is in right place)

Couldn't he have shut it for you? :-/   The winds here have died down today, but it's been pouring with rain all day and we have just had snow in amoungst it. :'(