TOO CLEVER FOR OURSELVES?

Guest Vic

Yes! It seems that we have come unstuck, with forecasting the weather for this weekend. Most saturday  south road racers recorded high velocities and good returns today.  Seems to me the Saturday markings and Sunday libs, may get THE PREDICTED SATURDAY FORECASTS, and maybe some battering. But,  the southerly winds may help us out. Whatever! Good Luck To All. Vic.  

always thought it a good idea not to mark a Friday if the weather forecast was poor for the Saturday

but after the last two weeks just came to the conclusion the weather forecaster in this country cannot predict the weather accurately

so i have now changed my mind we must be at the race point in case you get a break in the weather or the forecasters have got it wrong

only if you trust you race controller!!!!!

always thought it a good idea not to mark a Friday if the weather forecast was poor for the Saturday

but after the last two weeks just came to the conclusion the weather forecaster in this country cannot predict the weather accurately

so i have now changed my mind we must be at the race point in case you get a break in the weather or the forecasters have got it wrong

only if you trust you race controller!!!!!

and the convoyer!!!!!

With us here in this part of Ireland,Rose its our Race Controller who has final decision/Marking and Libs,/for this week we are looking at a Monday evening marking,with a Tuesday Lib,but again this could change,but very few complaints,as on all occassions the birds welfare is paramount in these matters,the weather has been dreadful for the last number of weeks,and constantly changing,which is the big problem.

Who makes the final decision up there with your birds down here the convoyer/liberator is entirely responsible for liberation which far as i understand means whether you got a race controller/adviser or not the final decision is down to the convoyer and if they let the birds go whether they been told to or not its down to them

Would that no put the Race Controller on the brew Rose?  ;D

Think you're spot on with what you say about it being a difficult year this year. Think I would also prefer the y/bs to be stuck on the transporter a bit longer if need be than the wrong decision being made.  ;)

Yes! It seems that we have come unstuck, with forecasting the weather for this weekend. Most saturday  south road racers recorded high velocities and good returns today.  Seems to me the Saturday markings and Sunday libs, may get THE PREDICTED SATURDAY FORECASTS, and maybe some battering. But,  the southerly winds may help us out. Whatever! Good Luck To All. Vic.  

I think that the race controller for our area actually misread the Saturday forecast and decided not to race.The forecast for this weekend was better than for the previous weekend when he did basket on Friday.

still believe all birds go to the race first, then move if weather not favorable, the transport is all in the birds experience  of racing,

to try to out smart the weather is not clever, basket experience

is what helps your birds in the long run, and the more they get

the better, if your are not at the race site you don't get a race,

and there are few feds willing to extend the season,for lost races ;) ;) ;):D :D :D :D ??)

I think we might be trying to be too clever trying to out-predict the weather forecast. Weather is so changeable nowadays, and conditions can be very different at locations only 10 miles apart. I'm happy that if there's any doubt that a race is possible, the birds stay at home.

still believe all birds go to the race first, then move if weather not favorable, the transport is all in the birds experience  of racing,

to try to out smart the weather is not clever, basket experience

is what helps your birds in the long run, and the more they get

the better, if your are not at the race site you don't get a race,

and there are few feds willing to extend the season,for lost races ;) ;) ;):D :D :D :D ??)

Yea I'd like 'em at the race point, just in case. We can still get the forecasts wrong. The birds would only benefit from the experience of being held over on a short race, rather than being held later on with farther to fly.