HOWS THIS FOR TEAMWORK.

paul10121968

today while a few of my birds were coming back from their daily exercise,a hawk decided to attack,downing one of the birds a dark cheq cock.they both crash landed on the garden and i thought thats the end of him,quick as a flash my dog who is a 11 year old mongrel dived into the melee and the hawk stopped its attack and tried to turn tail straight into the loving arms of my cat who was also there.it all happened so quickly i still cant beleive it.the hawk got away but i dont think he will be back,the d cheq cock is alive and nursing a torn leg but apart from that he seems fine,ive got him in the house in a basket tonight to keep an eye on him.the dog and the cat both received a gold star for excellent team work.

Guest strapper
today while a few of my birds were coming back from their daily exercise,a hawk decided to attack,downing one of the birds a dark cheq cock.they both crash landed on the garden and i thought thats the end of him,quick as a flash my dog who is a 11 year old mongrel dived into the melee and the hawk stopped its attack and tried to turn tail straight into the loving arms of my cat who was also there.it all happened so quickly i still cant beleive it.the hawk got away but i dont think he will be back,the d cheq cock is alive and nursing a torn leg but apart from that he seems fine,ive got him in the house in a basket tonight to keep an eye on him.the dog and the cat both received a gold star for excellent team work.

see paul i told you taking them animals to self defence classes would pay dividends ....lol

he was very small,possibly a sparrow hawk but i believe he was injured by the cat who jumped right on him.there was some of his tail feathers left on the garden.

Give the cat a can of red bull and make sure it's ready for round 2 ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

How much are the cat and dog worth on the open market now?? LOL

Seriously though, you were very fortunate to have witnessed it, though i do think the hawk will return! Hunger will overcome fear!

yes, i am of the opinion the hawk will be back,, after some time ,,, so keep the" A" team at the ready :)

same as a cat , if it gets a really good fright , it will stay away , but gain its confidence and be back ,,, i say this as at one time i kept birds in a yard where there were greyhound men , a cat at my loft just escaped [talk about 9 lives :)] the mouth of a greyhound [by a whisker :)] as the cat jumped the wall , the greyhound managed a nip at it , and had a little of the cats fur on its mouth,,, the owner of the cat blamed me for killing his cat ,as it had" dissapeared" ,, he apologised when his cat reurned about 3 days later, it kept well back from the loft,for a while  ,,,, but one day,,,,, :( :( :( ;D,

i admit i am a little to sloppy when it comes to hawks,i was of the opinion "it wont happen to me"but now i have heeded the warning and i am on the lookout.as for the birds,they do not appear to have been upset by the incident they went out today and came back in as they always do,ive also got a new weapon in my arsenal,a sling just got to improve my aim and stop hitting the neighbours windows. ;D ;D ;D