midlothian  A.G.M  tonight

oldmanstan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah too big IB. Too old aswell. Not really got details as of yet. Just in Presidents hands now. Think he has looked into it. Think a 3000 bird is more than enough for us. 9 Clubs in fed now I believe. Dont quote me on that tho

Much the same size as NW Fed transporter, 2800 birds

is the NW fed transporter a geraldy ? how much do they cost ?

No, we went down the same road as yourself, reconditioned extra long double cab chassis, racked out. Overall around £30,000 (I think) with F Jamieson East Calder awarded the build contract.

That was after years of levvying members £20 p/a for a transporter fund. We checked out Geraldy, but from memory cost was £70,000 to buy outright. Curiously, the features member didn't like was reduced internal height of alum baskets, and communal water system which they felt could spread disease through all the birds. I must admit to liking what I saw (Almond Valley) though I believe state of the art in Britain is actually the NFC transporter, a closed system designed for British birds & weather conditions, specially built in consultation with a British University . Wouldn't mind the SNFC hiring one of those Units.

Guest FED TOPPER

correct there stupid

pentland fed is a better fed and i am in midlothian fed

and there was not 40+birds in baskets

I was there that nite when the transporter was getting loaded what happened

was pentland pigeons got put on the transporter first  because we were waiting for the

midlothian pigeons 2 be brought up 2 edmiston inn by that time our birds got there

there wasnt enough room left .Say there was 15 baskets but only 5 holes left so strings were

cut on ure baskets and birds made 2 fit.That was the first race 2nd race when there was no room joe took the rest in his van the next morning and meet up with the transporter.

correct there stupid

pentland fed is a better fed and i am in midlothian fed

and there was not 40+birds in baskets

I was there that nite when the transporter was getting loaded what happened

was pentland pigeons got put on the transporter first  because we were waiting for the

midlothian pigeons 2 be brought up 2 edmiston inn by that time our birds got there

there wasnt enough room left .Say there was 15 baskets but only 5 holes left so strings were

cut on ure baskets and birds made 2 fit.That was the first race 2nd race when there was no room joe took the rest in his van the next morning and meet up with the transporter.

thats hard to believe but if true should be made sure it never happens again thats the stuff that will stop all us racing what happened to the defra rules about transporting birds paper work etc.

Guest FED TOPPER

thats hard to believe but if true should be made sure it never happens again thats the stuff that will stop all us racing what happened to the defra rules about transporting birds paper work etc.

only happend the once so a lesson was made

Yeah and How did pentland take us down? I believe it was Midlothians Transporter that was used last season!

Yes, It was Midlothians trailer for the first 5 old bird races so all the birds could fit on as the Pentland trailer only holds 3500-4000b, although it was towed by our haulier as the Midlothian didn''t have one. The rest of the O/B it was the Pentland trailer. For the young bird racing 2 trailers went down for the first 5 races towed by the Pentlands haulier. At no time was there 44 birds in a basket. I know cos I'm there every week when loading.

midlothian paid pentland fed £6983.75 last season and 40 birds to a basket IS NOT ON

You got convoying for 25p per pigeon last season and excellent racing.

The season before on your own you paid much more and didnt finish your programme, due to finances. How much is your birdage this season going to be going on your own. Pentland still 25p per bird. There's a few bad eggs in the Midlothian Fed spoiling it for the majority who were delighted with their racing last year. I believe 1or 2 just came back last season after attempting to go with the other lot, which didn't work out!!! The mind boggles!

ANDY I WOULD SUGGEST YOU GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT THE PEOPLE WHO WERE AT THE TRANSPORTER KNOW WHAT WENT ON AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED SUBJECT IS NOW CLOSED

I was one of them at the transporter. Fact

well the transporter capacity is 2,500 the birdage is to be 35p but nothing down in black and white yet and thay have still to get 8,000 poundes for the transporter and thay are taking

the loanhead club down the road and there new president left the fed to go to the rpra and now thay go and make him president come on whats all the rest of the members doing

nobody is prepard to do anything in that fed you hear them but when it comes down to it thay are all just hot air

Guest valiant
well the transporter capacity is 2,500 the birdage is to be 35p but nothing down in black and white yet and thay have still to get 8,000 poundes for the transporter and thay are taking

the loanhead club down the road and there new president left the fed to go to the rpra and now thay go and make him president come on whats all the rest of the members doing

nobody is prepard to do anything in that fed you hear them but when it comes down to it thay are all just hot air

coming from someone who was one that went to the rpra. :P

and yes there where to many birds in the baskets some from our club had 35 birds in them birds coming home with burst flights as for 2007 season i done every race and still had good returns.