SHU and ETS

HOMER49

I used the RV Woodcraft Unikon ETS trap last year for my y/b's in good faith it was ok to use but now i'm not so sure and i think i'll be chaning it this year before the y/b racing starts :-/

So long as you have the main part of this trap inside the loft and have the landing board on the outside they are legal,if you see what I mean.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOT ROD WHY NOT JUST PASS A RULE SO EVERY FANCIER CAN PUT THERE ETS ON THE LANDING BOARDS THAN HAVE ALL THIS GRUMBLING ABOUT A SIMPLE ISSUE AS THIS THE GREATEST THING ABOUT ETS IS ITS ENHANCED OUR SPORT ENORMOUSELY TO ARGUE ABOUT IT IS SILLY I THINK PUTTING THEM ONTO TRAPS YOU WILL HAVE MORE CHANCE OF BIRD NOT REGESTERING   8) 8) 8) 8)

HOT ROD WHY NOT JUST PASS A RULE SO EVERY FANCIER CAN PUT THERE ETS ON THE LANDING BOARDS THAN HAVE ALL THIS GRUMBLING ABOUT A SIMPLE ISSUE AS THIS THE GREATEST THING ABOUT ETS IS ITS ENHANCED OUR SPORT ENORMOUSELY TO ARGUE ABOUT IT IS SILLY I THINK PUTTING THEM ONTO TRAPS YOU WILL HAVE MORE CHANCE OF BIRD NOT REGESTERING   8) 8) 8) 8)

and make it even more unfair on conventional clock user's.

yes why not go the hole hog and just put up sky satalite type dishes so when the birds fly over they are clocked .

HOTROD I ALSO BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE TIME DEDUCTION ON ETS FOR CONVENTIONAL CLOCKS BUT ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE IT WILL BE ALL ETS  CLOCKS TRY ONE YOU WILL SAY WHY I DIDNT CHANGE WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT GO FOR IT 8) 8) 8)

walter ive never said i wouldnt get it mate, theres no chance just now until i think all is fair with the rules  and at the moment in my opinion all that is ets is not right . i do not doubt for a minute that its not a great thing , but too many loopholes , sorry rules not clear/fair one is where the pad is placed another is how many birds clocked in if you fly a big team you could have 50 or 60 in the clock maybe even 100 why?

The thread is fresh up, the SHU 'sealed in place' rule is only freshly changed, so all existing SHU lofts ETS pads must have been sealed in place by Club or Fed officials. Before doing so, I would have thought it common sense for those officials to check that the pad was inside the loft before sealing it in place?

I think pad before or after bobwires is a bit of a red herring, and doesn't tell for definite if pad is in or outside the loft. Always thought bobwires were to stop birds getting out of the loft through an otherwise open trap, and I don't use them as I believe they might make a bird hesitate before going over my pad. No doubt about where my pad is either, approx 6 feet inside my loft.

HOTROD I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AGAINST MOB FLYING AND A MAYBE 15 TO FLY FOR CARDS IT WOULD PUT A MORE FAIR PLAYING FIELD THEY CAN STILL ENTER AS MUCH AS THEY WANT THE REST AS TRAINERS BUT AGAIN IF A TRAINER COMES UP WHOEVER GETS THE WINNER THE RACE IS UNFAIR IT WAS TRIED IN THE SNFC WHEN THERE WERE 6 7 AND 8000 BIRDS GOING TO RACES I THINK IT WENT ON FOR 2 YEARS BUT IT WAS CHANGED BACK TO NO LIMIT OF BIRDS BUT AS YOU NO IF THE SNFC COULD DO SOMETHING FAIR SURLY A FED CAN MAKE SAY FIRST 6 BIRDS TO COUNT IT WOULD GO DOWN A LOT BETTER YOUR HAVING SALES FOR SCHOOLS IF YOU GET SOME INTO THE SPORT I WOULD THINK THE FIRST THING YOU DO IS TRY TO GIVE ENCOURAGE THEM TO STAY IN THE SPORT THE INLAND NATIONAL JUST LOOK AT THE RESULTS HOW MANY THERE IS CLOCKED AFTER FIRST BIRD IAM TALKKING ABOUT FIRST DROP HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS IS GOING TO GET NEW MEMBERS STARTED  AN INCENTIVE I DONT THINK SO THERES A LOT MORE TO BE DONE BEFORE YOU GET PEOPLE TO TAKE OUR SPORT UP WHAT DO YOU CALL A FANCIER THAT WANTS ALL THERE BIRDS TIMED AT THE BEST ADVANTAGE POINT I WOULD NOT DARE TO SAY ON THIS POST OR AT ANY AGM YES HOT ROD I WOULD CERTAINLY AGREE AS PEOPLE THAT KNOWS ME IVE HAD PLENTY TO SAY ON THIS SUBJECT WHO NEEDS MORE THAN 1ST 2ND AND 3RD AND THATS ALL SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT FOR EACH FANCIER WHAT DOES ALL THE REST OF THE SPORTMEN SAY AND BEFORE YOU YOU POST GARETH THIS IS CLUB AND FED RACING 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

WALTER I CLOCK ONE MAYBE TWO PIGEONS  most weeks as the secretary's have enough work  , we have the first 4 in our club after that it is individual birds , i clocked in three from six at maidstone this year and took 1st 2nd 3rd , could have clocked another 2 to be 4th and 5th but chose not to as there were no other birds timed in club or the next club  to me on the day.Its a sport and the last thing you want to do is rub other fanciers noses in it. clubs could make it the first 4 or first 6  after that individual birds and that would be the fairest way.

about 3 years ago we had a club rule that only your first 3 birds counted in the club

but all birds went forward to the fed

but some of the mob flyers wanted to  win all the tickets and it was voted out

at the next A.G.M.

a pity because it gave some of the flers that dont usually score a chance of a ticket

to keep them interested and more important in the fancy

to some winning a ticket gives them a new lease of life

and carrys them through till the next year

dave