Natural system?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend you start of by flying the natural system, you’ll learn a lot more a lot quicker and be able to find out the potential of your hens BUT you will have to train them a couple of times a week throughout racing. (Did I read somewhere you are only 15 years of age) If your not able to train them fly the cocks on widowhood. There is another system called roundabout but this may overcomplicate things for a new starter. Make things as simple as you can because you’ll have a lot to take in and you could end up not seeing the woods for the trees. Good luck.

Guest strapper
I have been told I can't race in the natural system but have to do it on the widowhood system. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

who ever has told this is talking out of their rear end,...YOU... race what ever system YOU want too ,its entirely YOUR choice.

ive raced the natural system for over 12yrs.

question for you Jamie could you destroy a 14 day old squeaker ? if not then the natural system not for you , however with widowhood your birds will have the benifit of flying on a full wing and you can fly them around loft and need less training as keep themselves fit

question for you Jamie could you destroy a 14 day old squeaker ? if not then the natural system not for you , however with widowhood your birds will have the benifit of flying on a full wing and you can fly them around loft and need less training as keep themselves fit

i fly natural and dont have to destroy squeakers,just dont let the eggs hatch if you dont want them.

most natural fliers i know favour flying to a large squeaker ? some chipping ectra to find the ideal nest state , as after the 14 days old these are removed as would be too much of a strain on the race birds  :) where as with widowhood your teasing the birds no messy nests ectra and birds rest

most natural fliers i know favour flying to a large squeaker ? some chipping ectra to find the ideal nest state , as after the 14 days old these are removed as would be too much of a strain on the race birds  :) where as with widowhood your teasing the birds no messy nests ectra and birds rest

what alot of crap

what alot of crap

what is aload of crap ? flying on a full wing ? resting better ? rather than typing what a load of crap tell him your system ....................

I’m dumbstruck you have made such a statement!

Guest cloudview

ive flown both systems over the years , and must admit i enjoyed the natural way a lot more but ifind the widow system better re getting the birds fitter ,

natural is ok if you,ve got the time or facilities to train them regular , i suppose it depends what suits you at the end of the day

the natural flying system to my knowledge works around the natural breeding cycle of a pigeon from laying to chipping and various stages of a young bird , so at times you wouldnt be able to send the hen for laying , then you would have to leave one bird at home be it the cock or hen to attend the nest , then you would have to find the nest state the hen likes to fly to and then the cock , timing nests so eggs are chipping ectra to increase the birds effort ........................ and much more , but durring this time of nests ectra they are moulting and casting flytes so technicaly they have inferior uplift and down thrust due to the areodynamics of the wing and the strain that breeding whilst racing has upon them

Guest spin cycle

i fly all my racers together ,on pot eggs, never rearing any young ( before or during season). 4 tosses before first race then supervised excersize twice daily....pick a team thursday night. works ok for me at club level :) ....wonder what system this is called 'lazy so&so' ?(evil)

Guest chrisss
i fly all my racers together ,on pot eggs, never rearing any young ( before or during season). 4 tosses before first race then supervised excersize twice daily....pick a team thursday night. works ok for me at club level :) ....wonder what system this is called 'lazy so&so' ?(evil)

sounds perfect mate ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D,but have you results to go with it?[and this is a thirst for knowledge not a dig]

Guest spin cycle

sounds perfect mate ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D,but have you results to go with it?[and this is a thirst for knowledge not a dig]

i fly in a club with about a dozen lofts sending 50-150 birds. last season i won 5 from 13 oldbird starts, winning our ob avs, only once being out of the top six. 45-358 miles loosing 6 birds. downside is i couldn't do any good in fed despite timing in 30-35 mins ahead of norwich lofts on 2 occasions ( i was shortest and western most loft). having said that i live in very open position that is ideal for 'flagging' or 'open hole' so i try not to complain (dizzy). my team is 70% gift based, 20% bought based and 10% stray. i'm not much of a yb racing fan. all in all you can judge for yourself  (bunny) i'm happy anyway and enjoy my birds :)

Guest chrisss

i fly in a club with about a dozen lofts sending 50-150 birds. last season i won 5 from 13 oldbird starts, winning our ob avs, only once being out of the top six. 45-358 miles loosing 6 birds. downside is i couldn't do any good in fed despite timing in 30-35 mins ahead of norwich lofts on 2 occasions ( i was shortest and western most loft). having said that i live in very open position that is ideal for 'flagging' or 'open hole' so i try not to complain (dizzy). my team is 70% gift based, 20% bought based and 10% stray. i'm not much of a yb racing fan. all in all you can judge for yourself  (bunny) i'm happy anyway and enjoy my birds :)

if i ever get around to racing i would settle for that cheers!

the natural flying system to my knowledge works around the natural breeding cycle of a pigeon from laying to chipping and various stages of a young bird , so at times you wouldnt be able to send the hen for laying , then you would have to leave one bird at home be it the cock or hen to attend the nest , then you would have to find the nest state the hen likes to fly to and then the cock , timing nests so eggs are chipping ectra to increase the birds effort ........................ and much more , but durring this time of nests ectra they are moulting and casting flytes so technicaly they have inferior uplift and down thrust due to the areodynamics of the wing and the strain that breeding whilst racing has upon them

how long have you kept racing pigeons, I have just returned from one of the greatest natural flyers of all time and no young birds are reared and time and energy of the bird wasted unless the young bird is being kept

how long have you kept racing pigeons, I have just returned from one of the greatest natural flyers of all time and no young birds are reared and time and energy of the bird wasted unless the young bird is being kept

have had pigeons in my family long before i was born oldest pigeon i had was 1973 had him till 1991 , untill cat killed him , im giving my version of the natural system the one i was told not all systems are the same and are many different variations of each system , as for resting how can a hen been driven be resting ?

Guest strapper

there are many roads to rome...the sending of birds feeding a large squeaker is usually for the longer races.(motivation)..

and some do use the chick till the races are over.. i have beaten widowhood fanciers flying natural to top the fed...even possibly being the most north club in our fed.

this was done without racing to eggs or chicks and even on a fairly short race .

everyone has a different variation of this system that suits them so its fair to say that there are several ways that work.

You talk of the wing there is more important parts to the wing than the flights