Warren Foster?

Paulo what you says has some merit but at least the new starter

has got a free pair to start with and kind of the breeder to give them free   also what you say about the bushys is partly true there where many fanciers from other areas who done really well with them

the birds you bought at Johns sale are the goods i have been friends with john for over 30years and if he was not terminally ill they would never be sold  rember one thing peds mean nothing to john and he was a very hard task master no matter what he paid for them if they did not win or breed birds to score very quickly there was only one place they went in the garden  winners to winners  they breed winners best of luck with them

cheers Alan

Like I say I praise Warren 100% for helping the lad out. Yeah theres other fanciers in other parts of England thats done well with them but ours (the north east are the best) sorry could resist gotta have a bit of regional pride lol

Johns birds are spot on and I've paired them to my own thats won so should be good crack seeing what the young do. Only wish I had the money to have brought Lodge Star.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lad would be better off going to Louella and buying six to race for 130 quid only 30 quid more for double the number of birds but he's in exactly the same situation buying grandchildren etc that haven't been raced and fancy pedigrees.

Anyway lifes about choices I'm just trying to advise the lad to save money, I wish someone had advised me before I wasted money on the pigeons I wasted it on.

Myself and Asha are always arguing but he's talking a lot of sense on this thread.

Like I say fair play to Warren for helping the lad out though no matter what my views are on commercial studs. At least he's done the decent thing and helped a new starter out and maybe we should all take a leaf out of his book.

its always going to be a punt on birds whether they have been proven or not and thats a fact.  as for using loella as an example that place is a chicken farm nothing else and its odds on that out of the zillions of birds thrown out each year that they will produce a winner or two but i bet if i was allowed to do a statistical analisys on that stud you'd find you'd be better off buying a woodpecker with a rubber beak than a pigeon for £30 quid from louellas. sorry m8 but a bad example to give me there.    

its always going to be a punt on birds whether they have been proven or not and thats a fact.  as for using loella as an example that place is a chicken farm nothing else and its odds on that out of the zillions of birds thrown out each year that they will produce a winner or two but i bet if i was allowed to do a statistical analisys on that stud you'd find you'd be better off buying a woodpecker with a rubber beak than a pigeon for £30 quid from louellas. sorry m8 but a bad example to give me there.    

Good I hate Louella as well so at least we have that in common. But whats the difference between them and Warren then apart from Louellas cheaper and has bigger sheds. Louella don't race either so they are totally in the same boat as Warren. Louella also regulary publishes results off lads winning with their pigeons.

Anyway lets put this to bed as we could argue all day about it and its obvious we just have different views on Pigeon Procurement. Each to their own.

To the lad who started this thread if you want to learn something about Pigeon Racing go on Ad Shaerlackens website. Read his advice on pigeons, in both racing and buying them its one of the best things you'll ever do.

Ok then I'm sure the Sultan of Brunai or however wins with them

:-/ok how about this then there is a one loft race this year in portsmouth hants,ill enter one of mr fosters bloodlines in it GG/CHILD YOU ENTER WHAT YOU WONT ,THE FIRST BIRD HOME FROM THE MAIN RACE WINS. THE LOOSER PAYS FOR BOUTH BIRDS  :) 100 quid a bird.PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.

Good I hate Louella as well so at least we have that in common. But whats the difference between them and Warren then apart from Louellas cheaper and has bigger sheds. Louella don't race either so they are totally in the same boat as Warren. Louella also regulary publishes results off lads winning with their pigeons.

i dont hate louella's, i hate what they do and how they do it.   the difference between studs could only be shown on statistics.  you dont have to remind me of louellas publishing the winning results, but you never see them publishing how many birds DONT win now do you.  ;)

:-/ok how about this then there is a one loft race this year in portsmouth hants,ill enter one of mr fosters bloodlines in it GG/CHILD YOU ENTER WHAT YOU WONT ,THE FIRST BIRD HOME FROM THE MAIN RACE WINS. THE LOOSER PAYS FOR BOUTH BIRDS  :) 100 quid a bird.PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.

I don't believe in one loft races mate you have no control over how the birds are trained and exercised how about we both nominate a YB from our lofts and go off best race performance achieved in each others organisations for that YB for 20 quid a piece.

Proof would be via means of offical results

Fair comp really mate if anything it will be harder for me as the WDA is quite a strong organisation. Theres plenty of top men like Stafford who you lot pay a fortune for pigeons for fly against.

I don't believe in one loft races mate you have no control over how the birds are trained and exercised how about we both nominate a YB from our lofts and go off best race performance achieved in each others organisations for that YB for 20 quid a piece.

Fair comp really mate if anything it will be harder for me as the WDA is quite a strong organisation. Theres plenty of top men like Stafford who you lot pay a fortune for pigeons for fly against.

i'll be the referee as i dont know either of you and would thus be impartial, you up for it whiteknight?  he threw the secondary gauntlet down.   :P;)  we can take bets on the result and donate all takings to pheobe's charity.   :)

i'll be the referee as i dont know either of you and would thus be impartial, you up for it whiteknight?  he threw the secondary gauntlet down.   :P;)  we can take bets on the result and donate all takings to pheobe's charity.   :)

Yeah no worries its all good natured banter. If whiteknights up for it we can donate the winnings to pheobes charity then its all going to a good cause. Better than spending 100 quid and giving it to a one loft race. Plus at this stage in my racing career I don't want to be giving pigeons off my best birds to a one loft race I want them in my loft if they get a good performance.

Better get my picking eyes on with the YB's knowing my luck I'll pick a right knacker lol.

Just an idea for the two of you to consider -

Why not arrange for the two nominated birds to be raced from the same loft - Such as Andys being sent to Paulo's and then they get the chance to compete a full WDA programme against each other (fingers crossed)

If Paulo was to submit his ring number the day Whitenight's bird is to enter the loft it keeps it fair.

Just an idea for the two of you to consider -

Why not arrange for the two nominated birds to be raced from the same loft - Such as Andys being sent to Paulo's and then they get the chance to compete a full WDA programme against each other (fingers crossed)

If Paulo was to submit his ring number the day Whitenight's bird is to enter the loft it keeps it fair.

Only thing is then your loosing the bird as its hanted at the other guys loft. Plus Andy might not trust me lol

Not that I'm not untrustworthy (laughs and twiddles mushtache)

sorry mate cant do as i dont race any more.  i think my idea is the best one as bouth  birds would be treated the same and neither of us would have any imput into them.ill even donate the money i win to charity how about that and im breeding out of birds that havent been in a basket for four years.dont forget this race will be big money :).

sorry mate cant do as i dont race any more.  i think my idea is the best one as bouth  birds would be treated the same and neither of us would have any imput into them.ill even donate the money i win to charity how about that and im breeding out of birds that havent been in a basket for four years.dont forget this race will be big money :).

I haven't got 100 quid to pay out on one race mate not being funny but I don't mind a bet for 20 - 30 quid but 100's too much.

I can race them both to compare or maybe if someone like Valliance lofts is put for it we can give him a bird each to race. Problem is it won't be my very best as this is my second year so I need to keep my top flight birds for my self for our furity race and their future races as old birds. Thats another of the reasons I dont really fancy a one loft race as if it was a winner they normally auction them off and the birds not settled to my loft so I loose a good bird.

Your wrong there paulo,loius maseralla was a top class racing man,and when he decided to stop racing,he started his stud,massive defernce between him and foster,loiue only bought the cream,just like the arabs bought the best racehorses,one otherthing to seperatea class act from the dross,loiuse had vision,5-10 20 years in advance.just like the truly great footbal managers,like shankly,and clough,men of vision.

I haven't got 100 quid to pay out on one race mate not being funny but I don't mind a bet for 20 - 30 quid but 100's too much.

I can race them both to compare or maybe if someone like Valliance lofts is put for it we can give him a bird each to race. Problem is it won't be my very best as this is my second year so I need to keep my top flight birds for my self for our furity race and their future races as old birds. Thats another of the reasons I dont really fancy a one loft race as if it was a winner they normally auction them off and the birds not settled to my loft so I loose a good bird.

:) fair play mate the offer is there and im still going to enter this race, i wish you all the best for 2009 season remember this good healthy pigeons win races ;)

Your wrong there paulo,loius maseralla was a top class racing man,and when he decided to stop racing,he started his stud,massive defernce between him and foster,loiue only bought the cream,just like the arabs bought the best racehorses,one otherthing to seperatea class act from the dross,loiuse had vision,5-10 20 years in advance.just like the truly great footbal managers,like shankly,and clough,men of vision.

very true louis was a very good flyer in his own right

I don't know him but he was recommended to me when I was buying white pigeons. :)

I have some white warren foster busscharts, very nice birds, I'm breeding young birds for racing this year, so I'll know how they race but the birds themselves are very nice, helathy and strong.

Lee

The pigeons i purchased were bought in about October. They were delivered while i was at work. If i was there for the delivery i would have got amtrak to take them back . They were supposed to be long distance grizzles . They could hardly fly over the house roof .Complete waste of money.

Not trying to be funny Graham but have you won anything with other pigeons you have bought and if you have what did they win.

Regards

Murphy

Most Studs, for a variety of reasons, don't race. All realistically flimsy, economical in truth I believe. The main truthful o reason is, as Dean Pallet states 'To sell birds if you race, you must be winning'.

Now as for birds and their' conditions in the loft... this winter, like those i the glorious past, destroy most, if not all, 'Nasties'. So wouldn't in the least be perturbed as to the state of ANY loft, any time of the year. 99% of it is what one relates to in a Human term. They are not humans, and if really treated as such would be in all honesty useless.

Most good old birds are seldom any good as y/b's. They grow and mature to their full potentials. So in all honesty 3 years is the time to be great, or an also ran. 'Florida Lofts' mucker states further, that if a newbie is going to be any good, 3 years will tell you!

Any stud that GIVES a pair to a newbie is to be thanked, and, regardless why he has given, to be appreciated.

A great flyer bought in big time Van Eider birds are great cost direct. 2 years later was still very disappointed in them. So was going to clear the lot out. A mate, another household name, said he'd fancy a shot with them, and how much. Nothing was the price to save culling them, and quickly agreed to. You've guessed it; they dominated his area and still are doing well. The fancier that let them go is please for him, and they are still great friends.

Horses to courses, and being 'Happy and Content' in their hotels we afford them eh!

As for Feather merchants ever being 'Controlled by guide lines.... Well will never happen, and mainly because there is Big money earnt every year from it via THOSE that have the 'Money'. Never mind the back garden 'Cheater/ tight on truth guy' they would quickly clobber him if needs be.... but they add 'Sells' to the bigger con - merchants after the little conner has skint them ... why they go to a 'Name' to get fleeced.

Where's there money there'ss crooks, and fool anf his money are soon parted.

So we put it down to Expierence etc.  ...... Still I suppose it it makes it easier to live with being conned for a lot more because he is a Name eh! :o :o :-/ :-/

Don't no if they were squeakers that Graham purchased but if they were then there are exceptions to this Jimmy.

Examples-:

Always susceptible to diseases.

Always back in the stray basket or arriving late from races and training.

Or poor specimens of pigeons that no one should breed from.

yes, i agree ,this  could have  be possible ,, but in spending £500 would think i would make sure what i was getting, or at very least gt my £500 back :)