Warren Foster?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought 6 grizzles off him 2 or 3 years ago. The worst £500.00 i have ever spent. They were binned within a year.Did not even breed off them.
the grizzels he has are distance birds i dont think you gave them much of a chance :-/ what was the name of the breed :)

I bought 6 grizzles off him 2 or 3 years ago. The worst £500.00 i have ever spent. They were binned within a year.Did not even breed off them.

sorry graham  :) with due respect , it would take longer than this to tell  if  they were any good,, you must have raced them as ybs at least to say they were no good ,,  and they must have been still their to so-call bin them ,, when many yb,s dont even reach this stage , in my opinion, not the best of  advice to a novice,,,,,,,and you most certainly did waste  Â£500, sorry mate but just my opinion

sorry graham  :) with due respect , it would take longer than this to tell  if  they were any good,, you must have raced them as ybs at least to say they were no good ,,  and they must have been still their to so-call bin them ,, when many yb,s dont even reach this stage , in my opinion, not the best of  advice to a novice,,,,,,,and you most certainly did waste  Â£500, sorry mate but just my opinion

WELL SAID JIMMY :'(

you can tell in under a year one year i bought 6 pair of stock birds and 16 young of this bloke i put 35 of these birds and 35 of my own stuff. at the end of the year i had about 14 of the new stuff and 30 of mine i won near evey young bird race that year somethimes taking the 1st 5 in the club just one of the new stuff won a when it came with 6 of mine.the young birds went training twice a day never slept in the shed week days and raced to 300miles i did this cause i was moving pens the year after i put these young in stock the year after and they breed the goods i wont tell what were the new stuff went lol

In my opinion he is overpriced

Does he win races or is he a skilled salesman?

:-/yes mate warren foster has won many races in the passed many top flyers from all over the world buy birds from him.i purchased one  of his ,in 1999 she has been responsable for many winners children breeding winners gg/dam to winners and partly responsable for birds to win five breeder/buyer races :);)

well his whites have won the combine down here and i have just been gifted some from Kenny Nix and they are great cant wait to try them in basket!
                     :) i hope they do well for ;)

Guest Gareth Rankin

Don't no if they were squeakers that Graham purchased but if they were then there are exceptions to this Jimmy.

Examples-:

Always susceptible to diseases.

Always back in the stray basket or arriving late from races and training.

Or poor specimens of pigeons that no one should breed from.

:-/yes mate warren foster has won many races in the passed many top flyers from all over the world buy birds from him.i purchased one  of his ,in 1999 she has been responsable for many winners children breeding winners gg/dam to winners and partly responsable for birds to win five breeder/buyer races :);)

Its not the past that counts though its the now. My advice is forget him he's overpriced and go to someone who has good birds now and winning with them. Some people on here who sell good young birds are the likes of Jimmy Bambling. Bit cheaper than foster as well

i have to agree with some that you never gave them much time mate, maybe gareth is right and you can enlighten us why you got rid of them?This reminds me of a guy i gave my best to in 1993 (w&m wilson birds) they had just won 23 tropheys  that year ,i gave him youngsters (6) out of my stock loft , when i met him 2 years later i asked him how are they doing , he told me the were rubbish ,birds from this one and that one were beating them home every week ,i asked how far out have you tried them he said about 200miles , i left it at that and never spoke to him,dodged his call's, for years , then a phone call out of the blue maybe 8/10 years have you any of these birds left they were winning out of turn for him and others for years before . So i politely told him none left .IT does take time ,well more than a year to find out about birds ,how to fly them etc , but some dont have time and so after a year everything is RUBBISH

The pigeons i purchased were bought in about October. They were delivered while i was at work. If i was there for the delivery i would have got amtrak to take them back . They were supposed to be long distance grizzles . They could hardly fly over the house roof .Complete waste of money.

i would have sent them back anyway if you aint happy with birds you buy send them back better to lose £30 than£500 just have to say i dont reacon them not chuck £500 in the bin

oh happy days

too true

Guest Gareth Rankin

Would have to agree with you lads.

Would also add that if there is any other novice out there that purchases new pigeons and there not sure of there own opinion they seek out a experienced fancier for a second opinion.

For any novices out there . IF you are going to buy in distance birds i think it would take you at least 5 years to really find them out, you have them a year before you breed off them , then are they with the right mate?  remember it's normally is 2 or 3 yr olds that you send to distance races  , then you have to think , if they dont score, have you ste them up right  have you fed them right all these things come into it,whereas sprinters you can /could tell within a year or  2 if they are the dogs boll@cks or not, so think before you waste your money with wrong decisions.

Guest Gareth Rankin
For any novices out there . IF you are going to buy in distance birds i think it would take you at least 5 years to really find them out, you have them a year before you breed off them , then are they with the right mate?  remember it's normally is 2 or 3 yr olds that you send to distance races  , then you have to think , if they dont score, have you ste them up right  have you fed them right all these things come into it,whereas sprinters you can /could tell within a year or  2 if they are the dogs boll@cks or not, so think before you waste your money with wrong decisions.

Five years is a long time especially for a novice who are eager for success, for me after 3 years at the latest they would have had to have shown something for me to have the confidence to breed from them again.

Thanks for the input guys.

I went to see Warren the other day, he has some very nice birds there and it was lovely watching the whites fly. I was warned to be careful as he has a very sales man type about him but that is probably true as it is his business.

He seemed genuine and was very nice to me. He gave me some old copies of the International Pictorial magazine (one from 1984!) and some recent copies of the Homing World magazine, he also gave me the 2009 Stud Book and a book he wrote called "The Little White Emperor". He let me look around his avairies (yes they were a bit dirty but he said it was so cold, he didn't want to be up there - I do think that was a bit wrong as I believe the health of the animal comes first and surely sitting in all your own sh*t isn't good).

I saw a lovely little gay pied hen there which he said I could have (she was produced from 2 whites) and he said he would try and pair her up for me with a red cock free of charge to get me started! I thought that was a very nice gesture from him (I certainly couldn't afford his prices as they start at £100 each). He also said they will need a bit of a clean up but I can have a food trough, a water fountain and a training crate which again was very nice of him.

I have decided to take him up on his offer as to me he seemed genuine and I have nothing to loose. The pair of birds will be stock birds and I will keep you updated as to what they produce which I will hopefully try and fly.