I have been recommended using Baytril...

Been recommened by a guy I know races in scotland. I had one of his birds in last year and he just mentioned it in passing, didnt say much about it, and just remembered now really. sorry to sound uneducated...

You asked for a wee bit of advice m8 and get the third degree. Tell them to f... off ;)

baytril is very strong stuff and the birds take a good looking after to get back to normal,, I would use amoxycillin or cyperfloxin before it everytime,, baytril kills everything the bad and the good,, knocks the birds about a bit ,, If you do use make sure you give the birds a good multi vit afterwards for at least 3 days,, we use vita pro combo,, but after every treatment you must help the birds to recover..

best of luck

ant

baytril is a strong broad spectrum antibiotic, it strips immunity and the birds need a lot of aftercare!
:-/ if i may ask have you used products from BELGICA DE WEERD :)

10%?

Is the product available online?

i could be wrong [usually am ;D] but is baytrill not banned in america???

anyway, its the old story , know what your treating for and if it must be used,, vets advice ,, just another one of the hundreds of   anti-biotics that are being over used at the moment on pigeons,  willy nilly,, in my opinion getting pigeons super fit without anti biotics ,,means excactly that,,,,super fit :)

Do you use Baytril Derek???

Never used it m8, but I have used lesser strengthed antibiotics, ( only if really necessary ). I would never say I wouldnt use it as a last resort, maybe to try and save an old favourite or something like that. Luckily enough, I havent been down that road. :

Never used it m8, but I have used lesser strengthed antibiotics, ( only if really necessary ). I would never say I wouldnt use it as a last resort, maybe to try and save an old favourite or something like that. Luckily enough, I havent been down that road. :

That's what i thought as i would only use it as a last resort ;) ;)