Dampening Wings

Guest joshdonlan

Guest joshdonlan

Right ive tried masking tape on the wings of a few birds im trying to break, which didnt work, as it came off. But ive been advised to dampen the wings down. Do i just give them a bath first?

Thanks

i would just get them really hungry and let them out when your kit has dropped. Rollers are easy to break. I find it helps to put them in a basket on top of the pen for a few times before this so they know where they are and get a good look round. Good luck with them

i would just get them really hungry and let them out when your kit has dropped. Rollers are easy to break. I find it helps to put them in a basket on top of the pen for a few times before this so they know where they are and get a good look round. Good luck with them

I would go with this too Josh, never had any trouble breaking rollers. Just get them on the roof for a few days to get their bearings.

Al.

me personally would just keep them in the aviary for a while then let them out hungry so as soon as you shake the tin they will come back into the loft thats how i broke an white hen i was gifted put into aviary for a while so she can see out then let out hungry with the rest of my other birds i put a bath out for them and walked away she broke easy enough but i did have her on eggs and she was paired up to one of my flying out birds so made it easy gives her more to wont to keep to in the boudarys of the loft and local area will be doing this the same way with 6 yearlings i be trying to break

all the best

agree with frank dooman washing up liquid or liquid soap on one wing

no damage to flights. ;) ;)

Same as me mate,  when you think they are broke out just let them have a bath,  it sometimes takes them a bit to realise they can fly again anyway

Get someone to hold the bird,  put the washing up liquid on your hands an just rub it down the flights,  works great