A pleasure to meet.

pigeons widow

I went to collect some pigeons from a fancier today for delivery and to my surprise i was met by a very young boy probably about 8 or 9 years old  .

I told him i was there to collect pigeons.  He said follow me, and promptly took me to the loft.

I was expecting to find his dad in the loft but i was wrong.

He selected the four young birds from the loft and put them in the box.

He wasn't sure if there was any paper work but said he would forward it on if there was.

It was such a delight to see this young boy taking control of his pigeons and he knew exactly which ones were going and caught them with great ease.

I won't give his full name but if dad is reading this thread then Dathan is a credit to you and the fancy.  :) :) :)

Julie

UK Pigeon Couriers

Guest lenwadebob

How refreshing to read. I hope young Dathan sticks with his pigeons and if his parents read this, they should be proud of him. Well done Dathan ;)

Could do with a few more like him,would love the help of a young fancier,being on my own I'm not to keen of leaving the lofts unattended when training ,that's one of the reasons In my own mind that training is kept to a minimal which to be true I know is wrong.Hopefully someone will come along before young bird training gets in full swing.

Well done young Dathan and congratulations to his father. :)

Lindsay.

I went to collect some pigeons from a fancier today for delivery and to my surprise i was met by a very young boy probably about 8 or 9 years old  .

I told him i was there to collect pigeons.  He said follow me, and promptly took me to the loft.

I was expecting to find his dad in the loft but i was wrong.

He selected the four young birds from the loft and put them in the box.

He wasn't sure if there was any paper work but said he would forward it on if there was.

It was such a delight to see this young boy taking control of his pigeons and he knew exactly which ones were going and caught them with great ease.

I won't give his full name but if dad is reading this thread then Dathan is a credit to you and the fancy.  :) :) :)

Julie

UK Pigeon Couriers

Well done Dathan, pleasure to read :-)

And Julie, hope he did get the right pigeons to go  ;D ;D

Guest lvlasked

very nice :D hopful my son be wanting to have some pigeons when hes older :D and i want mine own first tho lmao and my brother wants to get his own as well :P so you old people got nothin to worry about lot of us younger people about haha

Nice that pigeons widow took time out to tell us about this. Lad obviously knows his pigeons so I'd say he's been around them for a while. Wish him every success for the future. I hope his parents give him a pat on the back too, sounds as if he deserves it, credit to you both.