SRF DRUG TEST

jack

just got word that there will be up to 20 lofts being drug tested this year in the SRF this is north and south side

all birds will be blood tested not the droppings this way whats in them if anything will show up even weeks later

i am glad to see this being done

this is no joke

people world wide should fight for this to be done in there fed if it is not being done allready

id still like to see a list of the drugs ...that are banned

never seen one

wouldnt have a clue myself either, cant see how it would work on a pigeon anyway.

cant stand cheats, at the end of the day there only cheating themselvs, and they have to live with that forever, but i suppose some people dont care.  :-/

Guest pigeon82

someone out there must know what some people use or i mean what the names of stuff that are banned ive never heard of this before i wud like to know what cant be used tho

id still like to see a list of the drugs ...that are banned

never seen one

If you are in the RPRA its in the rules - I'm not in the RPRA - but I've seen the list - in the rules

APPENDIX ‘G’

(SEE RULE 199)

PERFORMANCE ENHANCING

DRUGS/SUBSTANCES

1. These Rules are drawn up by the Council

of the Royal Pigeon Racing Association

under the powers granted by virtue of Rule

2. The use in pigeons of the following are

strictly forbidden:

ANABOLIC STEROIDS, BETAAGONISTS,

CORTICO STEROIDS,

ANTI-INFLAMMATORY NONSTEROIDS,

OPIATES, ANALGESICS,

PERFORMANCE ENHANCING

STIMULANTS, SYNTHETIC

HORMONES, ANY DRUG FOUND TO

BE PERFORMANCE ENHANCING

PLUS ANY SUBSTANCE WHICH MAY

BE USED IN AN ATTEMPT TO MASK

THE ABOVE.

When products of which the composition is

not specified are administered, we advise

fanciers to ask for an attestation from their

pharmacist or vet stating that the product

does not contain forbidden substances.

http://rpra.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=zg8HFxQWSfk%3d&tabid=88

If you are in the RPRA its in the rules - I'm not in the RPRA - but I've seen the list - in the rules

APPENDIX ‘G’

(SEE RULE 199)

PERFORMANCE ENHANCING

DRUGS/SUBSTANCES

strictly forbidden:

CORTICO STEROIDS,

OPIATES, ANALGESICS,

PERFORMANCE ENHANCING

STIMULANTS, SYNTHETIC

BE PERFORMANCE ENHANCINGPLUS ANY SUBSTANCE WHICH MAY

THE ABOVE.

the any drug bit...seems to be a grey area...i think all should be named myself

the any drug bit...seems to be a grey area...i think all should be named myself

everyone knows what can be giving to pigeons if not they should ask the person they are buying it from

it is about time something was done about this .as it is not fear to the people that keep the sport clean from drugs

it is the worst from of cheating in my mind

Guest bakes

i cant see any problem if the flyers havent got nothink to hide they shouldnt need to worry like any sport you can get random drug testing so cant see why not in pigeon raceing you get it in greyhound raceing,horse raceing,football,rugby,and the list goes on i look at it if you got nothink to hide why be bothered about random checks i no a a top flyer that got checked after he had an outstoundiong season came back all clear if people need to cheat to win they should be banned for life and not be issued rings as well as race in any organisation for life a lifes bann as i cant stand cheats there the lowest of the low.

all the best.

i cant see any problem if the flyers havent got nothink to hide they shouldnt need to worry like any sport you can get random drug testing so cant see why not in pigeon raceing you get it in greyhound raceing,horse raceing,football,rugby,and the list goes on i look at it if you got nothink to hide why be bothered about random checks i no a a top flyer that got checked after he had an outstoundiong season came back all clear if people need to cheat to win they should be banned for life and not be issued rings as well as race in any organisation for life a lifes bann as i cant stand cheats there the lowest of the low.

all the best.

Totally agree m8, the Scottish fancy have just got over having possibly the biggest cheat ever in Europe. >:( >:( The problem that arises with drug testing is that the samples taken, I think, almost always come back negative because of legal reasons. The companys testing for drugs, I think, air on the cautious side and favour returning a negative result, unless 100% totally, undeniably possitive. This must be in case the result is contested and they get sued,  so what can be done to ensure we catch the cheats :-/ jmo

Totally agree m8, the Scottish fancy have just got over having possibly the biggest cheat ever in Europe. >:( >:( The problem that arises with drug testing is that the samples taken, I think, almost always come back negative because of legal reasons. The companys testing for drugs, I think, air on the cautious side and favour returning a negative result, unless 100% totally, undeniably possitive. This must be in case the result is contested and they get sued,  so what can be done to ensure we catch the cheats :-/ jmo

i think when done with the blood it is spot on

when testing the droppings it was not 100% right

Guest bakes

i think when done with the blood it is spot on

when testing the droppings it was not 100% right

to be onist think the only way to no more or less 100% if somethink going on is by blood samples

all the best.

Define  "performance enhancing" --Does that include a well balanced diet?  Keeping your bird healthy?  We may be giving our birds  "drugs" and not even know some people call them Illegal. I can not pronunce 1/2 the words on the bottle much less know what they -are/mean. O-Well  guess its time to "Pack it In". Seems big money has taken the FUN out of Pigeon Racing for most of us. WOW how did we manage to get a bird home 35-40 years ago? Yes we wanted to Win a race or Better yet beat one of our friends-Do WE Still Have Friends in this sport? And we wonder why Pigeon Racing is lossing members?

If a bird has an ailement which restricts its flying/racing ability and medication is administered then that would enhance the performance of that bird!

Any fancier at the top of his/her game will be acused of "using something", the fanciers who can't fly a kite should look at themselves and then try and learn from these fanciers instead of just acusing them of cheating! IMO

MOST GUYS THAT ARE WINNING ARE ON TOP OF THEIR GAME,UP EARLY, DOWN THE ROAD EARLY ,LOFT CLEANED EARLY FED RIGHT AND KEPT HEALTHY OH AND THE LAST ONE GREAT BIRDS.SOME PEOPLE NEED TO BUY A MIRROR  .I AGREE WITH DRUG TESTING AND GUYS USING BANNED STUFF SHOULD  BE STOPPED RACING JMO.DONT BLAME THE GUYS THAT ARE WINNING INSTEAD WORK HARDER.

MOST GUYS THAT ARE WINNING ARE ON TOP OF THEIR GAME,UP EARLY, DOWN THE ROAD EARLY ,LOFT CLEANED EARLY FED RIGHT AND KEPT HEALTHY OH AND THE LAST ONE GREAT BIRDS.SOME PEOPLE NEED TO BUY A MIRROR  .I AGREE WITH DRUG TESTING AND GUYS USING BANNED STUFF SHOULD  BE STOPPED RACING JMO.DONT BLAME THE GUYS THAT ARE WINNING INSTEAD WORK HARDER.

thats what this post is about if you read it drugs not the way people race

Guest bakes

i no that by putting the time in and keeping to strict rutein and so on you do well with the right birds but at the end of the day its a sport like dog raceing horse raceing the organisation should be able to do spot checks when they wont like said before if you havent done nothink wrong why worry we all have to keep to rules and so on to race our birds so if they wont to do rutein drugs test so be it i havent got no problems with it but all to your own

i no that by putting the time in and keeping to strict rutein and so on you do well with the right birds but at the end of the day its a sport like dog raceing horse raceing the organisation should be able to do spot checks when they wont like said before if you havent done nothink wrong why worry we all have to keep to rules and so on to race our birds so if they wont to do rutein drugs test so be it i havent got no problems with it but all to your own

well siad

Buying medication from other countrys could cause any fancier problems we have seen it before take baxter the downhill skier bought his nose inhaler from a shop in amreica expected it to contain exautly the same as the british one but unbeknown to him 1 tiny ingredient was found to be a banned substance but sadly he was found guilty lost his medal greatfullyly and the right decsion he wasnt banned this was a geuin mistake by someone who thought it contain no banned substance.So is it really cheaper to get medication from abroad if u dont know what is in them because most of it is foriegn language cant be read by us all.Also not knowing exactly what substances are banned is a big problem.So my advice is dont buy products from abroad it can possibly cuase any fancier heartache buy it from britain little bit expencive might a lot less hassle for the honest fancier.

APPENDIX ‘G’

(SEE RULE 199)

PERFORMANCE ENHANCING

DRUGS/SUBSTANCES

strictly forbidden:

CORTICO STEROIDS,

OPIATES, ANALGESICS,

PERFORMANCE ENHANCING

STIMULANTS, SYNTHETIC

BE PERFORMANCE ENHANCING

PLUS ANY SUBSTANCE WHICH MAY

THE ABOVE.

ANTI-INFLAMMATORY NONSTEROIDS,      found in codliver oil and other health foods  :-/ :-/

PERFORMANCE ENHANCING

STIMULANTS,                          carnatine creatine all sold for pigeons as performance enhansers ,,,        dont think that list tells us jack  $hit to be honest  ??) ??)

think they should be more specific than that ,

if the pigeons over this side of the country are on drugs ,  they should save there dosh coz they aint working  ;D ;D ;D ;D

In the UNC we have other rules - it's not just performance enhancing drugs - it's the use of live vaccines

Live vaccines that a) Are not approved in this country and B) We (the UNC) have a rule that any birds given live vaccines - the club secretary should be informed and they should be quaratined for 30 days - and this is not being adhered to - and these vaccines are given as performance enhancers

And anyone out there looking in -IT'S CHEATING !!! :P