LANARKSHIRE FED. YPRES RACE

Guest KENNY190

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unless france side is bad you should get a race but some showers about some heavy but s/w wind should help the birds all the best
aye the weather looks pretty good up middle and east side of country west a bit dodgy .wind in south west tonight.

INFC kings cup pigeons clattering in today and fast.   all the best to those who sent

Agree liberation looks on for Sat am, however note this race is not from France, YPRES is in Belguim and any west in

the wind from an easterly direction is not a help !

All the best to all who sent !

just think he means french side of channel.

if channel clear looks good

Agree liberation looks on for Sat am, however note this race is not from France, YPRES is in Belguim and any west in

the wind from an easterly direction is not a help !

All the best to all who sent !

thats a good point east in the wind might be a problem to them but i dont think the birds will try crossing from belguim but with a tail wind they might be high enough to give it a go if my memory serves me right the time the snfc raced from belguim before last year the race was won on the east coast of fife in good time with an even spread all the way to saltcoats in the west

thats a good point east in the wind might be a problem to them but i dont think the birds will try crossing from belguim but with a tail wind they might be high enough to give it a go if my memory serves me right the time the snfc raced from belguim before last year the race was won on the east coast of fife in good time with an even spread all the way to saltcoats in the west

frank you on the drugs again read emmajanes post again. lol

frank you on the drugs again read emmajanes post again. lol

i dont know what the wind is on the other side but i still dont think the birds will try and cross from belguim to uk thats over 250/300mls of water if they move down the coast to france that will make the crossing easier but if its west wind that pushes them towards holand and much more water to cross it all depends where you think they will cross thats the part we dont know

she had said the wind looks like in the west from an easterly direction.

should steady them up and head into wind ,dont think they will let it push them down into holland.   West would be better then south east. if they take of in that they could end up anywhere. west is the best every time. what about andrezel birds???

The perils of the eastern French and Belgian racepoints is the West winds

Reims 2007 still fresh in my mind, got 2 reported in Germany and 1 in Holland :-/

the wind is only light s/w so i dont think it will bother them too much

androzel will be ok i think no probs there 587mls to me they need a bit of help
not a big difference in distance than reims. were bouts does androzel laye.

if you mean Liege in 2001 it was won by Les McKay and the general opinion is the bird came on a straight line across the North Sea. By the way last time I was there Carnoustie was in Angus. Don`t remember it ever being on the East coast of Fife

if you mean Liege in 2001 it was won by Les McKay and the general opinion is the bird came on a straight line across the North Sea. By the way last time I was there Carnoustie was in Angus. Don`t remember it ever being on the East coast of Fife

ok i stand corrected the east  coast but it was a good race