TODAY SUNDAY 17th Aug LIBS

Diydave

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Glasgow fed club are you a member of ReddyYellow?

hello "me" not a member of any club in glasgow stay in a village which has 5 glasgow fed members, i raced yesterday and out of common courtesy was keeping my youngsters in and was  doing this due to the possible arrival of the local birds,the chap who i usually phone for word of glasgow fed libs was not racing hence the question on pb,hope this clears things up for you! :)which glasgow fed club do you fly in "me"? ps n instead of y please if you dont mind. ;) ;) :)

So how where the returns today?

Ayrshire fed liberated at Otterburn at 11:00.

At clock checking 5 hours later half the convoy were missing. Very few after that so I would suggest 30% still missing.

I have 32 from 45 sent.

All fanciers in my club reported that the birds were so nervous when they arrived. I waited 13 minutes after my first arrival before a bird hit the loft. It was about 5th home.  

hello "me" not a member of any club in glasgow stay in a village which has 5 glasgow fed members, i raced yesterday and out of common courtesy was keeping my youngsters in and was  doing this due to the possible arrival of the local birds,the chap who i usually phone for word of glasgow fed libs was not racing hence the question on pb,hope this clears things up for you! :)which glasgow fed club do you fly in "me"? ps n instead of y please if you dont mind. ;) ;) :)

allthough these two posts are off topic,, it may be gentlemanly or off course womanly [depending on he or she], for "me" to answer rednyellow??

before being deleted as" off topic "

my son was working there and he said it was chucking it down with rain when they lib  he said there just flew around and around for ages let me no how they come hes rang afew pepol up to tell them  

sounds about right  me 5 from 18,all club members missing more than half there teams,and sunday.big mistake not racing on the saturday.

this is the" downs" of pigeon racing for you,, i sincerely hope there are many more birds back by now,,

a freind of of mine had 6 tosses from otterburn [about 60 odd miles ] all tosses , birds back in" jig time" some in dodgy weather , birds usualy taking one hour 20 mins approx,,he

tossed them on the most perfect day ,7th time,  blow home south wind ,blue skies ,,even sun :-/,, one bird back 6hours later , 4 back next day ,,that was over a week ago,, never seen a feather since????? [17 missing] his phone nos are on rings.. ,,i would put this down to hawks ,,kill one,, the rest scatter ,maim, injure themselves and loose all faculties ,, hawks are rife in this area , [have said this b4]  mostly gb z birds and few shu plain rings 2 ihu rings missing ,, i hope he gets some more back also

I now have 35 from 45 sent.

The birds are flying well at home again and are now totally settled after being so jumpy when they arrived.

Even the later pigeons circled the loft for 10-20 minutes.

Lanarkshire did something 100% correct on Saturday while we all did it all wrong on Sunday. In addition to the weather and hawks the area is too congested with inexperienced convoys each week.

Lanarkshire had different weather and no other feds in the sky. Additionally they had strength of numbers and I think these 3 factors contributed to their success.

after sundays race from witton castle,which was the worst we have ever had in 36yrs flying, i have to ask myself    is it wurth it?

oh and we were 1st and 2nd club

well done archie,

one of our members got 1 reported 15 miles away the guy said it was heavy rain all day.

ps. do you stil want the fish tank.