Is it too Late

hi just had two pairs of stock lay in last two days,

second round. First round ready for parting now off these.

Parents  bought in end last year (latebreds).

so if i decide to keep the eggs will thses be classed as latebreds or be ready for some racing this year as they will be on natural light along with 15 others (including nestmates)

as i have a team on darkness so aint upsetting them!!!!.

But i need to try all pairings in loft asap,process of elimination. thoughts please

An old fancier once told me, and it was quoted to me recently by a member on here, it is IF THEY ARE HATCHED IN MAY, THE SHOULD RACE ALL THE WAY., That doesn't necessarily mean you should race them through the whole program, but they could race out to about 150 - 180 miles.

I have my stock on second round eggs and early young birds and some even on first (Due to various factors) the birds will be expected to race although i will go a bit steadier with them - The only different factor is that i have a quite alot of my team just weaned.

yes ive the saying born in may fly allday!!

but a lot of sayings have also fallen by the wayside,

and the time it takes birds to get back from distance racing,

i,e races at 500miles are over in hours, not days!!

You asked for an opinion, I gave one. obviously not to your liking, my apologies mate, I wont be so eager to respond to your requests in future.

no wonder i have a user warning when get comments like that prams/toys

i t should have said heard because if my saying was fly allday then i wouldnt have posted the topic i would have done it......

But shortsighted people wont read into that DOH.

Guest peter.j
yes ive the saying born in may fly allday!!

but a lot of sayings have also fallen by the wayside,

and the time it takes birds to get back from distance racing,

i,e races at 500miles are over in hours, not days!!

but who would send a youngun 500 miles

no wonder i have a user warning when get comments like that prams/toys

Obviously I am not the only one you have rubbed up the wrong with you comments then mate

I have my stock on second round eggs and early young birds and some even on first (Due to various factors) the birds will be expected to race although i will go a bit steadier with them - The only different factor is that i have a quite alot of my team just weaned.

Less of the old lol. Egg or young in May will fly all the way, no two ways about that!

I had June bred youngsters Fly 469 mile from Thurso in the September in absolutely terrible conditions, with the M.N.N.R. - Now a defunct classic club!

Pontefract were first to time in on second day.... had two 4 and 5 hours after, and first into the Northants / 3 shires.

First ever in the Northants Fed and surroundings with y/bs.... and that will always be a first. Had some great Fed / Distance flyers behind.

In Canada, as I often relate, they fly two 400 milers back to back consecative weeks!

These will after a couple of weeks racing be up front every week I'd wager.

thats what i thought but i know some who do then they complain they lost them lol

About time fanciers lived upto the reality of pigeons capabilities and stopped molley cuddling them! :o

Yearlings fly the 1000 miles plus. Y//bs have and do fly the 500 miles plus.

Strangely, it is the 'Voters that would never send, that propose and second and vote out these races / Trials :-/ :-/

Simple really is If you don't want to, wouldn't, then tey should have butted out and let those that wanted to to do so!

Gosh birds bred in September / October may well be best left  to do a couple of tosses and then just a race or two of 100miles or so... But I have won the Scottish averages with such birds on their own Next season, way less than a yearling in reality.

fanciers have just train y/b's a couple of times, and furst race has been 650 mile or more to Pau etc. and had great results!

But one has to have a tried and tested loft set up with birds honed to do as such.

I am on a new learning curve, having forgot a few home truths. The most important, which also applies here  - which I'd took liberties with  - is Know your birds.

About time fanciers lived upto the reality of pigeons capabilities and stopped molley cuddling them! :o

Yearlings fly the 1000 miles plus. Y//bs have and do fly the 500 miles plus.

Strangely, it is the 'Voters that would never send, that propose and second and vote out these races / Trials :-/ :-/

Simple really is If you don't want to, wouldn't, then tey should have butted out and let those that wanted to to do so!

Gosh birds bred in September / October may well be best left  to do a couple of tosses and then just a race or two of 100miles or so... But I have won the Scottish averages with such birds on their own Next season, way less than a yearling in reality.

fanciers have just train y/b's a couple of times, and furst race has been 650 mile or more to Pau etc. and had great results!

But one has to have a tried and tested loft set up with birds honed to do as such.

I am on a new learning curve, having forgot a few home truths. The most important, which also applies here  - which I'd took liberties with  - is Know your birds.

we can hardly get old birds back from 500 mls up here in cumbria never mind youngsters ;D

Yes... its a completely different life

Why? :-/

Could it be a case of 'He who dares...'.

Agreed takes a little time to formulate a family with the right charaistics, constitution and ability.

First step would be surely to get back to basics and forget Inbreeding I'd say.

Guest Greig the doo Drysdale
I was told "If not rung before the 1st gala day it's a late breed"Think thats what he said :-/

you had a drink the night lol  :P