REMOVING MOSS

sapper756

Hi Duncan,

managed to get a photo without breaking a leg.6mm copper wire running the full length of my back wall app.20 meters.Will try Domestos the next dry day.

Lindsay.

Click pic. to enlarge.

Very surprised at that, only thing I can think of is the elements that were used in the wire to form copper :-/

Guest BIRD_MAN_JOHN
why dont you use a scraper to  get most of it off then pray with jays fluid. repeat jays fluid  once a month job done.

befor you do this get your self a old 45 gallon drum fill it with water and put some jays fluid in and get some old copper pipe/wire put that in as well and leave it for 2/3 months then use it on the moss. ;)

Guest puresoontjen

befor you do this get your self a old 45 gallon drum fill it with water and put some jays fluid in and get some old copper pipe/wire put that in as well and leave it for 2/3 months then use it on the moss. ;)

thats a old way remenber my old man used to do that. to clean the drive off it was about 9/10 month be for it came back.

Very interesting thread giving a lot of info on what can be used to kill moss. I think that's maybe the easy part, killing it. What seems to be a bother is that even professionals admit it will still come back. Personally, if I'd a flat tile roof, I'd definately go for the copper strip, so that the roof would be getting a regular fungicidal wash to keep it moss-free. Otherwise, I'd need to be sure that what I was using would not harm my birds.

Guest puresoontjen
have used all the proprietry mosskillers over the years,but found the best and quickest is paraquat,it will kill moss in a couple of days.

steve

you have to have a licence for paraquat fact all farmers needs one to hold this on a farm.

Guest puresoontjen

you have to have a licence for paraquat fact all farmers needs one to hold this on a farm.

and if you dont hold a licence for this its prison for you,and if i was you mods i would remove this post of grizzler and this one

Paraquat is a well known weedkiller and its been known for years that it is deadly to humans if swallowed. Its use also appears to be banned throughout the EU since 2007, though I cannot confirm that, especially as I think I used it this year in Pathclear or a like product, as a part ingredient along with diquat??

Guest grizzler

and if you dont hold a licence for this its prison for you,and if i was you mods i would remove this post of grizzler and this one

will correct you on this,no you dont need a licence?? you only need one if you use any herbicide in the course of a business,or anywhere which is not your property.