Pigeon Tea

Guest JonesyBhoy

Guest JonesyBhoy
yes put one teabag in cup fill with hot water and add 1 glass vody  great at loft on cold day  ;) ;D ;D

Think that would do me a bit of good just now... 7 day hangover..!!!

yes put one teabag in cup fill with hot water and add 1 glass vody  great at loft on cold day  ;) ;D ;D

it doesnt make the birds better,,,,,,,,,,but it makes them happier ;D ;D ;D

pigeon tea contains herbs , supposed to cleanse the blood, relax them etc etc, im sure someone on the forum would know how to make it up,,, ive used it b4 , certainly did no harm, but found my results no different,, [i used columbine tea]  i know if you make it strong the birds dont like it,[i even added sugar to take the bitterness away,,as ive tasted it myself, its very bitter :) so i would go for plain water as they would drink as they needed it on return from race, for reheydration,, but each to their own :) most use it on the sunday, day after the race :)

Tea like many concoctions have benefits but also have a downside. The downside to tea is it has a bitter taste, pigeons don’t like it. They say pigeon tea cleans up their skin, thins out the blood and encourages the fall of down, the same can be achieved naturally by correct feeding & exercise and of course good health.

The less stuff I put in their drinker the better they've performed for me.

Have faith in good old fashioned clean water.

Years ago I had a problem with the Water Board. They said I should pay more for my water because I had been using it for the sheep and other animals. I denied it of course. So I piped water down from the mountain spring that was right at the top of my holding. It took a heck of a lot of pipe but I did it.

Later, I turned the Water Board water back on to see what the animals would make of it. They refused the Water Board water and would only drink the spring water. It was the same for the poultry.

I am sure that, given the choice, birds and animals would rather drink clean plain water than stuff we have put additives in. I sold the holding years ago, but if I could, I would very much like to use that water.

These days I try not to add anything to the water, it is always the food if there is something I want them to have. Besides the food is always eaten up whereas the water is mostly thrown away, additive and all.

i have jotted down the "pigeon tea" recipe using nettles off this site ,about 4 years back. was very interested to read about it at the time ... in all honesty tho.. i never tried it.     andy.

have used pigeon tea for years , i believe it greatly improves the pigeons , nice shine to the feather makes the bodys more spongey and the blood circulate better and down fall and brings the birds into condition and cleans there systems out , have removed it and regreted it , but everyone to there own , Gary Spavin makes alot of different teas and alot of people swear by using them ;)

i have jotted down the "pigeon tea" recipe using nettles off this site ,about 4 years back. was very interested to read about it at the time ... in all honesty tho.. i never tried it.     andy.

you can also make pine needle tea as well its a great source of vitamin c ;)

Did use a pigeon tea years ago that I liked, by Dufke, until B&R stopped stocking it. Tried the Colombine [spelling] one, birds wouldn't drink it, found out reason when I tasted it myself, very bitter.

Then last year intended making up my own, have a compartment full of Holland & Barratt stuff in my fridge, used them maybe 2/3 times during 2009, look at them often and say to myself 'fad' and 'quack'.  :(   Fresh greens seem better.

Guest JonesyBhoy

Would you still have the recipe please

Ive got the Leen Boers one..

Cut four inches from the top of the plant, enough to fill half a saucepan.

Add half saucepan of water, bring to the boil.. simmer for 20 mins..

Crush four sticks of cinnamon.. add.. and allow to cool.. strain..

half a cup to 2 litres of water

you wouldn't go wrong with a big  bag of nettles,   stuffed in a  Lady's stocking,  and boiled  the best tea, full of iron   and iodine   cheap as chips   ;D

you wouldn't go wrong with a big  bag of nettles,   stuffed in a  Lady's stocking,  and boiled  the best tea, full of iron   and iodine   cheap as chips   ;D

would that not be very painfull for the woman Bigda,   do you have any exsperience of this

whot worse for her the nettle stings or the hot water :P ;D