hopper feeding beans

wilkins

does any one know maybe a member of the site how much birds fed on a hopper of beans eat per week , just wonder if the intake slowed

we did it with roundabout hens last year they gourge themselves first then settle down to take what they want  :)

Guest WINGS 04

BEANS ONLY GOOD FOR TOAST ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think you are wrong tam I feed beans to my young birds when they are on the darknes right up to 2 weeks befor they come off it and the race well and I think it sets them up for when they get older as you will fiend it hard to put it in to them if the are not right when they are younger

i n 2001 i flew  widdowhood on beans hopper bieng a7 pint drinker ;the reason bieng i had no idear what time i would be home  ; from work;they would fly their hearts out won fed'and combine had a briliant season 'will be doing same this year;  swede

same problem i have and  dont like to feed them once a day so the hopper would help

I think you are wrong tam I feed beans to my young birds when they are on the darknes right up to 2 weeks befor they come off it and the race well and I think it sets them up for when they get older as you will fiend it hard to put it in to them if the are not right when they are younger

I do the same, having flown darkness since 1994, so a good few years and still winning ;) ;)

my opinion here only /// i think its madness to fly birds on any one grain !!!!!!! i know we trying to keep it simple but i aint think this is the solution !!!! i do know someone that won feeding there birds just barley however and no water in the drinker !!!!! food for thought some strange things really do happen by mistake ... mikey !!!!!!!

my opinion here only /// i think its madness to fly birds on any one grain !!!!!!! i know we trying to keep it simple but i aint think this is the solution !!!! i do know someone that won feeding there birds just barley however and no water in the drinker !!!!! food for thought some strange things really do happen by mistake ... mikey !!!!!!!

no what you mean but was thinking of feeding a teaspoon of gerry plus each morning sunday to tuesday then a soup spoon wed and thursday and say friday hopper of gerry so it would not all be just one grain.

You cant get away from the fact that some very successful fanciers hopper feed beans. My theory is (and its just that, a theory) that once you start to add carbs and fats to their feed it lifts their form. In other words you have a better control over when and what races you want them to peak at.

You cant get away from the fact that some very successful fanciers hopper feed beans. My theory is (and its just that, a theory) that once you start to add carbs and fats to their feed it lifts their form. In other words you have a better control over when and what races you want them to peak at.

tony due to working every other weekend some times 2 out of 3 , i was looking at the beans system (i read your post previously)i   do late shifts but not often earlys so i was thinking of a hopper of beans with the gerry as a morning treat,

tony due to working every other weekend some times 2 out of 3 , i was looking at the beans system (i read your post previously)i   do late shifts but not often earlys so i was thinking of a hopper of beans with the gerry as a morning treat,

Are you racing them on w/hood?

I know a Guy that feeds beans in a hopper. And most of us would love to get the results that he gets. This is at Fed and National level. However, I know that he feeds all sorts of additives, but I do not know exactly what they are. As far as I know the same fellow feeds hopper fed barley for part of the year. He has been retired for years and the birds are flying out most of the time.

There is another chap that flys on beans. Again gets fantasic results. The noticable thing about this Guy is that I have never seen birds exercise like his does. Especially his youngsters. This fellow is part of a partnership and is well known as a National Flyer. So although I would not like to do it myself, I know for certain that some Fanciers have the knack and are very successful at it.

Are you racing them on w/hood?

was going to fly cocks to box section hens to the v section during the week and all trap to cocks section after training or a race and look to pair for the longer race in july, use the shorter club races for training and concentrate on the 250-400 miles races from mid may onwards , that way i can have my saturdays off on them race dates

i agree birds need a variety of grains to get a balanced diet. Way to much protein by feeding beans alone. I personally wont feed beans at all, as i dont really find them necessary  myself but thats my opinion.

Jas.