Stray Bashers

JUST WOULD LIKE TO SAY  A BIG THANK YOU TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, 4 YRS AGO FOR GETTING IN ONE OF MY BIRDS AND KEEPING HOLD OF IT FOR ALL THIS TIME, TO LATER BE REPORTED IN MARGATE, BARRING A WHITE PLASTIC RING WITH NUMBER 936 ON IT. SHAME THEY DIDNT REPORT IT AS WOULD HAVE HAPPILY TRANSFERED IT TO THEM 4 YRS AGO!

Had one reported two years AFTER IT HAD BEEN LOST! AFTER it had reared and won twice 1st Fed. Went on the Thursday, after the Tuesday WHEN the RPRA letter had come reporting it in GRANTHAM!

Lady was sick as a pig, said I couldn't have it as her husband wasn't there etc. Stuck to me guns and went in the loft where it was feeding two big youngsters. She said they had also reported me to the RPRA for not coming earlier and was surprise I wamted it. Like a fool I felt for the youngsters and let them keep it. I rued the day and show have reported them!

Dennis Reed was in contact and after explaining the ludicriss of it all we let the matter drop! Never again though!

Dunlinflyer, at least you are in a position to track where your bird has been and deal with the culprit.

Iwould advise getting your local region to intervean as they will be able to verify the stamp and scan the ring etc.

Phil

mate of mine lost a youngbird last year... he got it back two weeks ago.... wing stamped and with ets ring on it.... this bird woz never reported to him >:(

There is a possibility that the persons loft number is inside the ETS ring,get your mate to have it checked.

I rarely loose birds but, one that I did loose was reported by a non-fancier - it had a ring with my phone number on.  It was also wing stamped but, many non-fanciers don't know to look at the wings - I certainly didn't, heck, I didn't even know how to open a wing. :B  

i totally agree with pecked hen about non fanciers not knowing where to look for wing stamps    i collected a stray on behalf of another fancier from a non fancier and was told that the pigeon wasnt wing stamped but when i collected it the lady explained that she had only looked on the outside of the wing   the pigeon was stamped and ended up being transferred to me    ive recently reported three strays and two of the owners couldnt have cared less and asked me to release them (both yb,s)out so hopefully they could make their own way home  needless to say both have returned to me and im now waiting for the owners to make arrangments to collect the birds   i can now understand why some fanciers dont bother reporting strays   :(  debbie

i had a bird back two months ago myself and my dad lost five years ago with a brand new ETS ring and wing stamp needless to say when we phoned the person up he said a few choice words down the phone at us after asking why he had our bird and put it down. i don't know why people have to do it why not just report it you never know most people transfer them

Guest Freebird
We do have phone number rings on over here and wing stamps but still never get them reported,is a shame i have some nice pigeons out there and i don't think that all end up on the streets.

Where do you get phone number rings?