M/M R. Skinner - Auction

retired

Russ and Denise have asked me to conduct an auction on their behalf as with being very much small team flyers they have found themselves overstocked by 11 pigeons after removing what they consider not good enough for themselves and therefore not got enough for anyone else.

The 11 birds comprise of several birds from the family they have built up with great success as well as several of the new introductions they have made over the last 2 years including Staf Van Reets and also the Van de rhee pigeons, they also introduced a third family however these failed to live up to expectations so have been removed from the lofts permanetly.

If it is fancy strain names you wish to purchase then these are maybe not the birds for you, if its birds from a winning family then these maybe ideal.

All the birds are up for absolute auction and the winning bidder shall be the high bid at the close of sale which will be Monday evening at 9pm - No bids after this time will be accepted.

Russ and Denise have been succesful from the off racing in their own right for i believe 12-13 seasons now, previous to which Russ raced succesfully with his father.

They have tasted success in the North Road Championship on three premier occasions namely

1st Section NRCC Lerwick 498 Miles with 'Faith' - Faith beat her own daughter into 2nd Section (Hope)

1st Section, 1st Open NRCC Perth 276 Miles with 'Charity' who is a daughter of 'Hope' (see above)

1st Section, 1st Open NRCC Thurso 412 Miles with 'Diamond Geezer'

As well as these performances they have been consistent in this competition for many years from the first race to the last.

More details are available on the pedigree's as listed below.

Please note, bids by PM will be accepted however failure to honour any bid will be reported to Admin.

None of the birds have been picked off before the sale, i myself have interest in at least two lots but i will only bid for myself on the open thread to keep things fair for everyone,furthermore a donation will be made after the sale to either the Phoebe fund or the site fund.

Reference Pigeons

'Charity' - Please see above for details.

'Diamond Geezer - Please see above for details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lot 1

GB07X23695 RP COCK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lot 2

GB08X20754 RP COCK

Lot 3

GB07X23676 DP COCK

Lot 4

GB07X23667 BB COCK

Lot 5

GB07X23658 BC COCK

Lot 6

GB06Z95765 RC COCK

Brief details this bird was purchased at Blackpool in 2007, being inbred back to one of Van reets best racers - Vosse Wittekoppe

Lot 7

GB06X17982 CP HEN

Bred by Alf Parkinson, she has been a very consistent performer being a soojten x Van reet from some of Kevin Lawsons best lines.

Lot 8

GB07V01676 SLATEY HEN

Pure Van de rhee - Purchased as a yb, Russ will supply original pedigree by the time the bird is sent - She has flown through to Thurso 412 miles in 2008.

Lot 9

GB06X22735 BCP HEN 'BABS' (DTR OF 2 x NRCC WINNERS)

Lot 10

GB07X23683 RCWF HEN

Lot 11

GB08X20743 CP HEN

The pedigrees are slightly difficult to read, this had to be the case to keep the thread within the forum limit size wise, if anyone wants to see a paticular pedigree i can email it to you or will anwser questions via PM.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the photos real? The backround looks computerised? Nice birds. Hope sale goes well for your friends

The top two pictures of 'Charity' and 'Diamond Geezer' were done professionaly after they had won their respective races, all other photos are done by Russ on his mobile phone.

Hi Chris, will lot 6 and 7 come with peds

Hi mate all lots have pedigrees, but some at present dont have much detail on so the scanning process really wasnt worth it, all birds will be supplied with pedigree and i will get as much detail from Russ as is possible before any birds are sent out.

I have been up the club with Russ and Denise tonight and the original pedigree for Lot 8 is being collected tomorrow so will be online.

Anyone else wanting the pedigrees emailing (for clearer viewing) please PM.

Update on Saturday - 13.25pm

Lot 1 - £30 - Chris Maidment

Lot 2 - £30 - Chris Maidment

Lot 3 - £15 - Bid via PM

Lot 4 -

Lot 5 -

Lot 6 - £15 - Fair play

Lot 7 - £15 bid via PM

Lot 8 - £15 - Racer

Lot 9 - £30 - Philb

Lot 10 -£20 - Bid via PM

Lot 11 -£10 - Bid via PM