Message To Msp

bibendium

Having watched the disgusting shooting of feral goats and sheep etc I was pleased to see you have raised this with relevant authorities. however as a pigeon fancier in Ayrshire I have been dismayed over recent years to see on Facebook and other simlar sites of the shooting of thousands of obviously racing pigeons up and down the country which you will know is illegal, nothing ever seems to get done about it and these people openly flaunt there prey online . is there a distinguishment between the goats and sheep and our pigeons? could you please investigate and raise the question.

I sent this email to Mike Russel MSP who was on BBC Scotland news tonight . I will post any replies I get if any.

Having watched the disgusting shooting of feral goats and sheep etc I was pleased to see you have raised this with relevant authorities. however as a pigeon fancier in Ayrshire I have been dismayed over recent years to see on Facebook and other simlar sites of the shooting of thousands of obviously racing pigeons up and down the country which you will know is illegal, nothing ever seems to get done about it and these people openly flaunt there prey online . is there a distinguishment between the goats and sheep and our pigeons? could you please investigate and raise the question.

I sent this email to Mike Russel MSP who was on BBC Scotland news tonight . I will post any replies I get if any.

Mike Russell!!! This is the guy who said at the SHU centenary dinner he would sort out the BOP problem. Loves the sound of his own voice but otherwise a waste of space

well done Charlie , good effort .

Mike Russell!!! This is the guy who said at the SHU centenary dinner he would sort out the BOP problem. Loves the sound of his own voice but otherwise a waste of space

I know nothing about him , only he was the one on tv tonight re the sheep shooting

You beat me to this post Davy. I was at this dinner and he was very believable. The mans a blowhard and a typical lying politician.

This whole thing is a farce , the R.S.P.B has been responsible for the shooting dozens of goats in the past, whether it was called culling or killing did not matter a lot to the goats,and of course S.N.H.were aware of their acts. No doubt they will be keeping heads well down over this one. Ethically I think their is something shabby about about people who pose for photos grinning over a corpse , but I believe this is part of a bigger and broader campaign against shooting estates, there has been a steady drip of stories recently, shooting blue hares, disappearing eagles and falcons,etc but the reality is that this mince is getting a hearing at government level by people who would not recognize a bird of prey if it hit them between the eyes.

Thank you for your email, any specific request should be taken up by your constituency MSP as Parliamentary protocol forbids Mr Russell from taking on cases out with his constituency of Argyll & Bute.

It would appear that as suggested by Del earlier in the thread Mr Russell indeed does not give a expletive removed* and his posturing on TV was all for show. I have emailed this intimation to him but dont expect a reply.