First Time Topping the Fed!!!!

Guest Paulo

Guest Paulo

Well its been a class first season with my old birds. As some of you will be aware I won my first ever old bird race taking 1st club and 5th fed. After that things have been a bit lean with the birds coming well but being a few mins behind the winners most weeks apart from the channel races which have been gash.

Have sent on average 7 -10 birds a race on natural system against people sending 40 - 60's on widowhood and roundabout. All my birds are yearlings. Lost only 5 birds all season mostly from the channel.

Figured out where I had went wrong with my feeding and sorted it a few weeks ago with one bird just missing out on 10th fed by 2 seconds.

Well this week the birds have excelled themselves and my hard work has paid off.

This weekend won:-

1st club, 1st Fed (beat fed by 2 minutes) (Beat next bird in club by 5 minutes) (Busschaert hen that won first race for me)

3rd Club, (fed pos unknown but in top 10) (Gaby Hen brought off Mike Lycett in 07 to race)

I'd like to thank Davey Barkel and Jim Bambling for their advice. Also like to thank Mike Lycett for the bird that won the third she's been unlucky as has a string of near misses to her credit.

Now the young bird season approaches and I'm on the dark as well as natural this year so I hope I do a bit better than last year where I only got a poxy fourth all YB Season.

Guest j.bamling

Well Done mate pleased to say the Advice is working lol and topping the fed aswell in your first season against some very good flyers you can't do any better than that !!! keep it up and build on it !!!

Guest Paulo

Thanks lads best feeling is beating the mob men with their 4 helpers lots of cash and lots of pigeons.

One of them told me to kill her as a YB as she has a frill on her belly and one said it was feather rot and another said pigeons with frills go down and never win in cold winds.

Thanks lads best feeling is beating the mob men with their 4 helpers lots of cash and lots of pigeons.

One of them told me to kill her as a YB as she has a frill on her belly and one said it was feather rot and another said pigeons with frills go down and never win in cold winds.

my mate inwales has a hen i bred him a klak with a frill chest she has bred him plenty of winners.........arnt you just glad you never took there advise well done keep it up....

Guest Paulo
+ loft location ronnie

Thats the best thing as well my loft location is pants I give away overfly to every club member. Some pigeon I'm very lucky to have one as good in my first batch last years young uns. She only cost me 20 quid as well

well done again paulo im not on about over fly im on about dead ground where i live we fly 12 mile dead ground and all we get is 2 min the fed has been topped twice in the last 20 odd years up here the onley chance we have is bourges 581 ml other than that your baging your head of the wall you just fly for club tickets

Guest Paulo

Well thats two of my pigeon racing ambitions complete:-

1. win the club

2. top the fed

now I need to:-

1. Win the amal

2. Meet Ray Forbes say you are a pigeon racing god and bow down before him

Guest Paulo
well done again paulo im not on about over fly im on about dead ground where i live we fly 12 mile dead ground and all we get is 2 min the fed has been topped twice in the last 20 odd years up here the onley chance we have is bourges 581 ml other than that your baging your head of the wall you just fly for club tickets

You up in Hexham then near Ron Strong? Top channel man I'm a great admirer of his feats from Bourges