8 cracking hens for sale

seaforth

Correct Phil, we show our racers at as many shows we can and we had tickets at Blackpool with our racers as well as show racers, the only problem I now have with the racers is if Liz picks out what she thinks will do well in the showpen then I have to struggle to get them in the racing baskets. :( :(

I don't wish to disrupt this thread but Tammy's post hits the nail on the head.

There are 2 completely different selection criteria used 1 is looks only for show birds while a true racing fancier selects on performance.

I think Delboy's post inferred this.

Yes they are stunning hens.  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct Phil, we show our racers at as many shows we can and we had tickets at Blackpool with our racers as well as show racers, the only problem I now have with the racers is if Liz picks out what she thinks will do well in the showpen then I have to struggle to get them in the racing baskets. :( :(

well tammy this is the problem you get some that will see a good looking bird and say exactly the same ill keep that for the shows so they dont get raced much if any, then they breed a good lookin bird off it ,so then they get kept and so on so maybe 2/3/4 generations havent been raced or tried but they are still racing pigeons( that look good ) but how good for racing ? for me personely apples and trees spring to mind.jmo.            ps great looking birds and in fantastic condition as well

this is my only second year flying pigeons so it was quite hard being a newbie to the sport. my first year i only flew youngsters and i won the last 3 races in the club which 1 was very happy with.! and this year the competition in the in the club was very hard  took several prizes but one of our members was runners up in the gold cup of our federation so thats wot i was up against 8)

• Advert: Morray Firth One Loft Classic
  • Advert: M.A.C. Lofts Pigeon Products
  • Advert: RV Woodcraft
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders