Scottish Central Combine

Rooster J. Cogburn

Earlier this week I spoke to a fancier from central ScotlandI hadn’t seen in a while and heard him describe the Scottish Central Combine as‘a sleeping giant’. It made me think a wee bit of how the year panned out forthe federations affiliated and some of the things I’ve heard fanciers in theseorganisations say, as well as some questions they raise in my own mind.

General consensus is the races where all the feds wenttogether, of which I think there was only a couple, the returns were very good.

It would make sense to do it more often?

It’s been said by some returns had been good all year untilwe went with the SNFC. With the exception perhaps of Leicester.

Do the SCC need to go to the SNFC Inland race ?

Some of the furthest flying members feel they wouldn’t betaken into consideration were the SCC feds to merge from start to finish.

Do the feds need to go together from the very start of theseason?

May 5th- Catterrick

May 12th- Ripon

May 19th- Wakefield

May 26th- Newark

June 2nd- Catterick (2)

June 9th- Peterborough

June 16th – Catterick (3)

June 23rd- Billericay

Channel race – Ypres

Could a program similar to this, which allows the individualfeds to choose when and where in April they start, be a viable starting pointfor discussion amongst SCC officials, before making a recommended one for theirown federations?

Race control duties and transport, how could this besolved/shared?

Could a SCC top 40 be published for each race with anongoing 40 for 1st Open down to 1 for 40th Open pointstable?

Could a £10 Single bird Nom be introduced for say Newark,Peterborough and Billericay?

If the SCC could be resurected and included Almond Valley going to all races being transported by ourselves away from the SNFC, The sleeping giant which I have highlighted before would be the competition that would sink the SNFC.

Even organising a meeting of fanciers from the 5 Feds to discuss the start up of a new SCC which could be renamed would be a success with all the birds coming into the Central belt instead of being dragged all over Scotland.

It would only have a 12-15 mile radius with roughly 500 fanciers to support it.

If the SCC could be resurected and included Almond Valley going to all races being transported by ourselves away from the SNFC, The sleeping giant which I have highlighted before would be the competition that would sink the SNFC.

Even organising a meeting of fanciers from the 5 Feds to discuss the start up of a new SCC which could be renamed would be a success with all the birds coming into the Central belt instead of being dragged all over Scotland.

Don't think it should be about sinking the SNFC(or anyone else for that matter)Peter, so much as getting the best racing possible for the majority of fanciers and pigeons in central Scotland.

Why do you want to sink the snfc expletive remove

Earlier this week I spoke to a fancier from central ScotlandI hadn’t seen in a while and heard him describe the Scottish Central Combine as‘a sleeping giant’. It made me think a wee bit of how the year panned out forthe federations affiliated and some of the things I’ve heard fanciers in theseorganisations say, as well as some questions they raise in my own mind.

General consensus is the races where all the feds wenttogether, of which I think there was only a couple, the returns were very good.

It would make sense to do it more often?

It’s been said by some returns had been good all year untilwe went with the SNFC. With the exception perhaps of Leicester.

Do the SCC need to go to the SNFC Inland race ?

Some of the furthest flying members feel they wouldn’t betaken into consideration were the SCC feds to merge from start to finish.

Do the feds need to go together from the very start of theseason?

May 5th- Catterrick

May 12th- Ripon

May 19th- Wakefield

May 26th- Newark

June 2nd- Catterick (2)

June 9th- Peterborough

June 23rd- Billericay

Channel race – Ypres

Could a program similar to this, which allows the individualfeds to choose when and where in April they start, be a viable starting pointfor discussion amongst SCC officials, before making a recommended one for theirown federations?

Race control duties and transport, how could this besolved/shared?

Could a SCC top 40 be published for each race with anongoing 40 for 1st Open down to 1 for 40th Open pointstable?

Could a £10 Single bird Nom be introduced for say Newark,Peterborough and Billericay?

that would be awesome mate you are good at all this stuff lewis

Ask Derek the same question !!!.

I am Derek

norrie dickson has run the scc the last two years and has done a 1st class job of it,

i would altered 2 races in your race programme, but if any of the races clashed with the snfc my best would go to the snfc,

hope it works out with norrie dickson at the helm

May 5th- Catterrick

May 12th- Ripon

May 19th- Wakefield

May 26th- Newark

June 2nd- leicester

June 9th- Peterborough

June 23rd- Billericay

Channel race – roye

norrie dickson has run the scc the last two years and has done a 1st class job of it,

i would altered 2 races in your race programme, but if any of the races clashed with the snfc my best would go to the snfc,

May 5th- Catterrick

May 12th- Ripon

May 19th- Wakefield

May 26th- Newark

June 2nd- leicester

June 9th- Peterborough

June 23rd- Billericay

Channel race – roye

May 5th- Catterrick

May 12th- Ripon

May 19th- Wakefield

May 26th- Newark

June 2nd- leicester

June 9th- Peterborough

June 23rd- Billericay

Channel race – roye

Agree with you about Norman 100% Davie.

The clashing with SNFC races was one reason I'd opted for a comeback race after Newark, as Leicester is likely to be(goin on the usual dates) on the same day as the first inland national, birdage would be lost to the SNFC so it would make more sense financially goin to the shorter race that day?

Roye I've no issue with and only put Ypres as it's the one that's been used recently. I forgot to include the £10 nom for it as well :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Maidstone instead of Billericay would be fine by me too. It was just as a starting point.

Agree with you about Norman 100% Davie.

The clashing with SNFC races was one reason I'd opted for a comeback race after Newark, as Leicester is likely to be(goin on the usual dates) on the same day as the first inland national, birdage would be lost to the SNFC so it would make more sense financially goin to the shorter race that day?

Roye I've no issue with and only put Ypres as it's the one that's been used recently. I forgot to include the £10 nom for it as well :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Maidstone instead of Billericay would be fine by me too. It was just as a starting point.

sounds good to get the scc back with numbers, and i think leicester would be good for me as i dont send all my doo,s to the 1st nat, but most of my 2nd inland nat doo,s would be at that leicester race,

good to see it getting spoken about, more idea,s the better for the scc

David, You dont have a SCC race if you are with another organisation !! In the past we had a Yearling Derby on the same day as SNFC Nantes and our 515 mile race was always 1-2 weeks after the Gold cup and when the Combine started going with the Cheshire Combine life became extremely difficult if your bird was left on its tod flying the last 200mile itself and even worse when the SNFC started going with the Midland Nat and birds were left with 300 mile to do single up. This of course is only my opinion. All I ever seem to read about is COSTS and we cannot afford to go ouselves well put the entry fee up and its solved Jings some folk on here dont mind buying a beer at £3.50 but want to fly their birds for nowt.

Aye you do you were 30 then your now 80 ������������������

nova going sit in the corner with a pen and paper and think about it, lol

mind your two years older than me

after the snfc season this year, i feel like 80

nova going sit in the corner with a pen and paper and think about it, lol

mind your two years older than me

after the snfc season this year, i feel like 80

Davie am at the harry carry stage wae the snfc races this year mate it's been a *expletive removed* of a season a need another holiday and am just back the games *expletive removed* unless we sort it out ourselves

think about it, waiting on doo,s, and iv waited plenty, and a hearts fan , no wonder iv aged

A didn't want to bring your football team in to it but your right they're dung lol

Aye David it was in the 90's and the reason I know was because my Dark Cheq Cock flew into this guys loft along with one of his and he kept it in as he won the Combine with his one. Let it out 2 days later with a note on his leg and when I phoned him he thought it might have been a local bird. Bassa.

Davie am at the harry carry stage wae the snfc races this year mate it's been a *expletive removed* of a season a need another holiday and am just back the games *expletive removed* unless we sort it out ourselves

A didn't want to bring your football team in to it but your right they're dung lol

one good doo at the y/b/nat and you forget all about the bad races, what a difference a good doo makes,

but i hope all the feds in the area go with the scc for 2018,