Bop Learning Day

Ian McKay

Always had Buzzards in my area and did not think they bothered with pigeons until yesterday at 7.30 let my youngsters out and within 30sec it had nailed one stone dead by the time I knew what was going on. It was one of my oldest youngsters so not a baby

So more problems to be solved so look out I am on the war path !!! Lasers and rockets to the ready :drinking-coffee-200: :drinking-coffee-200:

often wondered if flying a drone would frighten them

I had a friend from Sweden here last year he is a drone head and wanted to show me them working all set up in the front of the house stood back looking at it and it malfunctioned and went up like a rocket to about 1000ft before he got control, learned a lesson stay away at the launch cause if that had hit me I would still be in hospital

But once he controlled it it was amazing had a camera on it and you wore special glasses to view the camera brilliant

:emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Well the thing is IMO ,the buzzards are getting more plentyfull and the more of them there are the less carrion at the road sides there will be for feed so it does not surprise me.

Phil had them here for 23 yrs never ever bothered the birds that's why I got such a surprise

Think I might invest in a pair of eagle owls to fly free :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Phil had them here for 23 yrs never ever bothered the birds that's why I got such a surprise

Think I might invest in a pair of eagle owls to fly free :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Careful Ian... the RSPB will cull any Eagle owl. Illegally granted.

Sad for your loss.

Just last week i had a short toss of 8 mile on our way home the wife and i counted 8 buzzard and 2 sparrow hawks ,in 8 mile !!!