europa classic one loft race

In the leeters page of this weeks BHW, the welsh region of the RPRA refused to grant a licence to the Europa Classic one loft Race and the organisers, the new century FC, Can any member expand on this, ie is the one loft race still active / ongoing, do the team at the Europa Classic need a licence to oganise and run this event.

Just curious thank's

John

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that many of these "fashionable" one loft races are becoming a pain in the backside. The Europa, the South African "Sun CIty" to name a couple, have raised ones eyebrows over the last two years or so, with their own internal committee squabbling, and may I add, with some of their disgruntled supporters. Vic. ;)  

its only the welsh region of the rpra not giving them a license..i think if the welsh homing union said no license then it may be different.but im sure they will go a head with the races.

ive been in the lofts they use(mega big) at last years sale and seen certain things i thought could have been better....bought 10 birds from that sale....paul :)

Saw the letter too and wondered why the reason for not granting the licence wasn't given along with the decision?

There was something about the running of One Loft Races in the precis of the last Confed meeting . (couldn't call what appeared in the BHW minutes of meeting).

Really a bit late with race season about to start?

This would be very stupid and brave of the RPRA to try and stop the Biggest One Loft Race in Europe

I Know the race is going on Continue to send birds.

As for Vic stop you snide remarks if you have something to say spit it out

Europa one loft Race?  The overall results last year were very slow forthcoming, according to some of the participants. AND the general  set up, left a lot  to be desired,(according to others )   Participants opinions only.

i live 25 mins away from the lofts...ive heard no end of rumours of wot happened last year..but they were only that... rumours.

the lofts are on land a few hundred yards from the sea and i have to say are impressive the size of these lofts.the sale of these birds were in a dingy little room with a rough concrete floor and buyers all squeezed in.

....not many(localy) like the ppl who run this event.....paul :)

a lot of p*ss if you ask me these men put a lot of time ,money and effort into this race so for it not to go ahead is rubbish i will be sending my doos mondey irrespectable of present situation this race will go ahead  8) 8) 8)

pigeon fanciersare famous for gossip and rumour ,, any news about this race in my opinion , should be ,,fact,,,, not rumour

theres an old true saying ,,,," jedburgh justice" which, if you look at your history booksit  means ,,"hang them first try them later"   as this was a law in jedburgh , many years ago   [it sometimes happens unnofficialy to this day]

Ian why are you so confident the race will go ahead and why do you think the RPRA would be stupid to not grant a licence, if the procedure had not been carried out then they are entitled too? (Not that I think it would stop the race?) Do you have an interest in this race?

I've expressed an opinion elsewhere on threads of this nature, and the last few posts here do tend to support what I said before: rather than posting rumours, gossip and half-truths, the people we should surely be asking the 'what happened?' and 'what happens next?' questions are those with all the answers, the Europa One Loft Race Organisers.

I do hope they respond to the licence question quickly (in next BHW?) because this uncertainty could lose them a lot of business.