Heads Up Thurso

Tony C

Just one of these things Andy. Unfortunately you will never completely know the logic behind any decision which is a pity.

I know the controller of one federation prepares a report as he goes along and mails this to the secretary at the time of liberation.

That protects him and allows the committee to understand his logic. It also ensures that information for any enquiry into a poor race is readily available and cannot be corrupted after the event.

That seems a good idea and would assist transparency, thus disabling the doubters. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you explaned it yourself yesterday andy (post 35 this thread )

you said that your birds prob went 1st as the weather your end was due to close in

and the east coast was clear, so the other birds didn't need to go as early

That is what I think happened. I think they may have been caught out with the hill mists and, easy for me to say now, had they held till after the NRCC we could have had a better race.

Having said that 19 pigeons or thereabouts made the result from the Federation's convoy of 99, so 20% returns and the question then is what happened to the other 80%? Why did they struggle when the others didn't? I suppose all the usual reasons, but some good proven pigeons also fell foul. :)