Training Methods, Start To Finish?

just wondering what your training methods are?

im new to the sport and cant find much info anywhere about training young birds, i thought i was doing quite well, but today what an absolute nightmare it was to call them in, so im now thinking i need to work on my feeding and calling...

what are you methods, where do you start and how do you get them to the point that they are racing from miles away?

any specific DVDs or youtube vids that would help guild me in the right direction as well?

You will have to let us know where you are at ,is all your youngsters out and flying,are they kitted up and flying in a group?? So if they are not yet flying in a batch its because they are not ready they have to build up confidence ,feed when they come in to the loft and their clock will get used to this .Try to keep to a time ,if you get them in at 4 say and fed you can work on this time ie ,let them out 3o-clock call them in 4o-clock so thats 1hr exersise work steady routine.Use a whistle ,rattle a tin with beans make the same distinct noise all the time your taking them in and feeding,it becomes to them just the sound of the dinner call ok?

they are not flying yet, they tend to just come out and sit on the aviary and loft roof, today they had a bit of a fly and landed on random house roofs, they seem to follow each other, 1 goes the rest will etc. but like i say they not up and flying as such just yet. today was about their 4th or 5th time out.

they are not flying yet, they tend to just come out and sit on the aviary and loft roof, today they had a bit of a fly and landed on random house roofs, they seem to follow each other, 1 goes the rest will etc. but like i say they not up and flying as such just yet. today was about their 4th or 5th time out.

Check my last post i edit it ok

cheers for the info, it seems im probably feeding them to much, just read its approx a table spoon per bird?

they were definatley the most confident they have been today though so i guess thats a plus!

You will have to let us know where you are at ,is all your youngsters out and flying,are they kitted up and flying in a group?? So if they are not yet flying in a batch its because they are not ready they have to build up confidence ,feed when they come in to the loft and their clock will get used to this .Try to keep to a time ,if you get them in at 4 say and fed you can work on this time ie ,let them out 3o-clock call them in 4o-clock so thats 1hr exersise work steady routine.Use a whistle ,rattle a tin with beans make the same distinct noise all the time your taking them in and feeding,it becomes to them just the sound of the dinner call ok?

Good post :animatedpigeons:

Dont go into this 1 table spoon of feed lark remember its babies you are trying to put muscle on you dont want to stint them of food at this stage give them all they want stop feeding when they walk away ,remove any food thats left from the loft until next day when you call them in at 4 .

Young birds I feed very light first thing in the morning, but dont let them out due to going to work, get home at 5:15pm let them out 45min - 1hr, call them in whistle and shake tin, in they go and they get a full feed. repeat every day.

When they get older and ranging or basket training then I might get up earlier and let them out in good weather.

you must be careful with the feed as you need control all the time, you are in charge.

Paul

Stu select a time that suits you let them out same time every day they should be hungry

When they are batching be patient ,they will eventually start to (range) fly away for a time

And return after a while ,let them do this for a while and then and only then are they ready

To go in a basket,most fanciers differ on how far you take them for their first toss ,me I take

Mine 12 miles and keep them there until they beat me home then i take them out further ,I

Take mine out to 20 miles and keep them there.also before you train put them in there

Baskets with the drinkers hooked on for about 3 or 4 days feed them in the basket as well

The drinking is very important it will stand in good steed in later life.mind they are only a YBS

For a year of their lives don't take to many chances with them.good luck PS as soon as they home

Get them in .

Stu select a time that suits you let them out same time every day they should be hungry

When they are batching be patient ,they will eventually start to (range) fly away for a time

And return after a while ,let them do this for a while and then and only then are they ready

To go in a basket,most fanciers differ on how far you take them for their first toss ,me I take

Mine 12 miles and keep them there until they beat me home then i take them out further ,I

Take mine out to 20 miles and keep them there.also before you train put them in there

Baskets with the drinkers hooked on for about 3 or 4 days feed them in the basket as well

The drinking is very important it will stand in good steed in later life.mind they are only a YBS

For a year of their lives don't take to many chances with them.good luck PS as soon as they home

Get them in .