Just Getting Started

Hi lads, I am new to the forum and also new to the hobby of racing pigeons. I have decided to set up my loft at the back of the house and go for a team of distance birds, I have been told of many that distance racing tests patience lol. Once my loft is up ( hopefully within 2-3 weeks) I will be looking for my team any info on the distance you think I would benefit from will be appreciated Thanks lads

wellcome mick its a slow process building a team of distance birds the best advice i could give you is start with the best you can afford better to buy one or two pair and float as many off them as you can under feeders than buy a dozen of lesser quality good luck with what ever you choose and enjoy your pigeons m8

Thanks mate, wont be long and I will be set up ready to race

1st lesson needs to be patience it will take u 3/5 years to get a distance team together maybe even longer now with bop and other things that doesn't stop u having a wee bit of fun in the club along the way good luck

mate,get some free youngbirds and learn how to look after and enjoy them regardless of strain or distance type,trust me just take anything,give yourself 2 or 3 seasons before you start spending money for pigeons and see how it goes.atb