White Homing Pigeon Strains?

Is there any physical features or characteristics that can help to identify the common white homer strains from one another?

For example is there anything to be able to tell a rapido busschaerts to a logan bird? (large, small nose or eye ceres etc)

Or is it impossible without doing a dna test? haha

Thanks andy.. I have just got a young white hen and would love to know what her breeding is..

Unfortunately this isn't possible, Can only guess..

Think she was used for dove release.. What strikes me is that her eye and nose ceres are quite underdeveloped.. Wondered if this was a family trait or just because shes young

Thanks andy.. I have just got a young white hen and would love to know what her breeding is..

Unfortunately this isn't possible, Can only guess..

Think she was used for dove release.. What strikes me is that her eye and nose ceres are quite underdeveloped.. Wondered if this was a family trait or just because shes young

its a possibility yes , because she is young ,the features of the hens aren't as pronounced as those of the cocks . maybe a picture in the new year ,when she has developed a little more ,I could hazard a guess to the family , but it would be just that "a guess" . I would say there are a lot more Buscheart than Logan about , many folk who look for the white birds tend to cross them anyway ive found .

most of Logans I've seen are more dove like than the bushaerts , any strain can have pure whites inbreeding depletes pigment and creates pieds , wfs , then gay pieds , saddle back , then the pure whites :)

most of Logans I've seen are more dove like than the bushaerts , any strain can have pure whites inbreeding depletes pigment and creates pieds , wfs , then gay pieds , saddle back , then the pure whites :)

The late Kenny Hogg pigeons contained the bloodlines of Barker, Bricoux and Sion and still will breed the odd white in their nests due to inbreeding

• 4 weeks later...

Inbreeding is and always will be hard too fully understand, the nearest study you could make that shows the way, is that most of the true champion race horses come from just a few Arabian stallions.

All a matter of true history.

If a bird has a small build then it stands that by inbreeding that factor you do breed them smaller, those who use inbreeding must watch every part of what they are breeding, anything that comes substand must be culled.

Logical inbreeding with notes kept on the results is progression, keeping random breeding pattens is in my mind just luck of the draw.

High breed vigour V re-infused vigor, now thats sounds like plan.happy.gif

Oh by the way most Whites are Double factor Grizzles, go on the red side you get nice clean beaks.

So whats being said here ,that if we took say 4pr and bred ,never take in a cross ,that eventually you would end up with white doos???

• 5 weeks later...
Guest nephilim

As stated by dooscoo. Whites can come from pairing grizzle to grizzle. It won't be long before stud will be offering white janssens, from their grizzle to grizzle breeding. I kept Logans in the 1990's, they was blue pied and chequer. I tried to keep old English based strains. I have no proof or any other professional proof but I suspect these all white Logan types may have come from a mix of spade or flat tailed fantails, with maybe a touch of dewlap in there? Cleverly thought out marketing and propaganda can mislead them most gullible. Hope not offended anyone.

So whats being said here ,that if we took say 4pr and bred ,never take in a cross ,that eventually you would end up with white doos???

Yes you would breed birds with no pigment however there is always the exception to the rule which would be a throw back ask Tractor boy from his whites he gets full colours and stuff ;)

• 3 months later...