Chickadee's loft

DOVEScot

This is the loft I built For Ma Wee Chickadees collection of whites, it was finnished last year but never got round to taking the final picture :)

Ground zero

Decided to cut tree down first incase it fell on loft :)

Breeding section

Young bird section

Bath in the aviary

Final pic taken today

Fine hut Duncan, if was to get another one i think i will chap your door with cash mate, where did you buy the boxes from.

Chickadee will be proud of you mate.

Well done.

Red star lofts, but will make my own in future, they spoiled it using MDF parts which is not water friendly if you want to clean them sometime and not deep enough.

WOW! Fantastic loft.  Good to see my Logans going to such a good home. :)

They were out in the sunshine today, enjoying a good view from the top of the aviary,

In hind sight or plan B-Z as I am well known for, I should have spit the aviary in three sections which I will do when I get the chance, so all the sections can be out in their own area at one time, we have to do a 1/3 out at a time rotation, and I am going to concrete the aviary floor :)

very impressive set up...nest boxes, perches all spot on...youve done a quality job there. (give me some ideas for my own aviary...)

Don't go for a natural or sand floor, concrete or replaceable smooth ply is a must, in hind sight :)

cracking loft mate

How long till Yours and Billys racing doos take the loft though  :)

I will be building a new loft at Billy's new house when he gets one, we are only going to race from there so he can get all the buzz on race days :)

Plus he is the brains of the partnership regards racing :)

I will be building a new loft at Billy's new house when he gets one, we are only going to race from there so he can get all the buzz on race days :)

Plus he is the brains of the partnership regards racing :)

I think before you do your own loft you should really travel south and come and build my aviary for the front of mine no rush anytime this week will do. ;D

Don't go for a natural or sand floor, concrete or replaceable smooth ply is a must, in hind sight :)

was thinking of just having the soil/ground so that stock birds could peck about and get the same out of it as flying out birds...but for safety against cats etc your right  a solid floor would be best...

was thinking of just having the soil/ground so that stock birds could peck about and get the same out of it as flying out birds...but for safety against cats etc your right  a solid floor would be best...

Naw the crap is horrendous as it is not being leached away by the rain  :)