Jannsen Bro Wing

Hi all just got some 100 % janssen br pigeons of leuella there healthy and all but the wing looks like a distance pigeon rather than a sprinter.checking my own and photos from the final auction the wing should look like a sail on a yaght but the 3 outer feathers are about 3 inch longer than the rest which is a complete step from that point to the back wing

Have I been ripped off the paperwork looks good but the birds are pretty close bred

Advice or thoughts please

Kai

some fanciers maintain that a step at the 7th flight is a positive.

However 3 inches seems excessive to me.

The birds are not moulting the birds wing looks like a good distance wing after the 7thflight it's straight to the backswing with no change the outer primary's are thin and equal length with a equal gap then a step.i always thought that a sprint wing should be like a sail with a large back wing .the birds have a cracking blood red eye but if there not sprint what are they

I'm no expert on wing theory but you may find a DVD called "thro' the looking glass of interest. It was released by Tony Cowan and Brian May explains his eye theories and the late Derek Smith explains his wing theory including how to measure the wing. There were copies on e bay some time ago. It is an interesting but slightly ancient publication.

Best bet is put them on the road and see what distance they perform at.

I'm no expert on wing theory but you may find a DVD called "thro' the looking glass of interest. It was released by Tony Cowan and Brian May explains his eye theories and the late Derek Smith explains his wing theory including how to measure the wing. There were copies on e bay some time ago. It is an interesting but slightly ancient publication.

Best bet is put them on the road and see what distance they perform at.

I think that would be for the best too.thanks all