Anyone Still Got Birds Across The Channel That Ain't Been Liberated?

andyyy

Guest nikkimass35

our birds went in the basket for Falaise on Thursday night with the MYC.. Still haven't been liberated!

beyond a joke if you ask me.

anyone Pigeon basic members in somewhat of the same vote??

Hi Andy im flying with ubi combine and we sre at falaise and our birds aint been released yet. The weather tomorrow and wednesday is worse, So i dont know what they are going do. The welsh south road fed are there too and they havnt been let out either

Hi Andy im flying with ubi combine and we sre at falaise and our birds aint been released yet. The weather tomorrow and wednesday is worse, So i dont know what they are going do.

It's just out of order. our fed sec has just put on the lib line that the weather is getting better and they could be up tomorrow. with the weather forcast i had look at y'day was a better day so god knows,

North midlands was at Fougeres on saturday and was liberated at 7,30am

Guest nikkimass35

It's just out of order. our fed sec has just put on the lib line that the weather is getting better and they could be up tomorrow. with the weather forcast i had look at y'day was a better day so god knows,

North midlands was at Fougeres on saturday and was liberated at 7,30am

It is crazy. Looking at the weather there is rain all down the south coast for tomorrow and wednesday. The best day looks like thursday. Have yours been held over as we havnt heard anything yet.

It is crazy. Looking at the weather there is rain all down the south coast for tomorrow and wednesday. The best day looks like thursday. Have yours been held over as we havnt heard anything yet.

mental, i've not looked today at the weather but i think they should have been up Saturday, if one can let go and get them over the channel then it can't have been as bad as they said, Ours are been held over until tomorrow now and see what happens then, If they aren't up tomorrow they should really think about bringing them back, Poor things been stuck in a basket for days and then having to fly 313miles home!

Guest nikkimass35

mental, i've not looked today at the weather but i think they should have been up Saturday, if one can let go and get them over the channel then it can't have been as bad as they said, Ours are been held over until tomorrow now and see what happens then, If they aren't up tomorrow they should really think about bringing them back, Poor things been stuck in a basket for days and then having to fly 313miles home!

I dont know what to say. The only positive thing if they go up tomorrow is that they got the wind behind them so should make it alot easier for the poor sods. I will be happy just to get them home.

British Barcelona Club were held at Niort until today but they liberated at 08.10 this morning,they have members in all parts of the British Isles,you just cannot work out how these race controllers think at times.

mental, I think the sooner they get them up the better chance they have on getting home.

On saturday morning one fed liberated at Falaise when our fed could have followed and the birds would have been home (or at least some)

I dont know what to say. The only positive thing if they go up tomorrow is that they got the wind behind them so should make it alot easier for the poor sods. I will be happy just to get them home.

I hope they are up tomorrow and i hope my 3 cocks all come home, but if they aren't up tomorrow i really think they should look at bringing them home, If it isn't going to improve they don't want to be stuck in a basket for more nights than they have to be do they? :\

Guest nikkimass35

mental, I think the sooner they get them up the better chance they have on getting home.

On saturday morning one fed liberated at Falaise when our fed could have followed and the birds would have been home (or at least some)

I hope they are up tomorrow and i hope my 3 cocks all come home, but if they aren't up tomorrow i really think they should look at bringing them home, If it isn't going to improve they don't want to be stuck in a basket for more nights than they have to be do they? :\

Welsh south road up 12.50 light west wind from falaise. Still no news on ours. Just been told our birds have been held over. No reason why. It dont make sense

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

If the birds had been liberated and wiped out like I was at the Nantes Centenary race who would get the blame,then again they could have been liberated and had a good race.I can remember some time back now our birds were basketed as/usual on the Wednesday for Rennes some 426 mile or there abouts and were not liberated till the following Wednesday and we had a cracking race.

Think it was in 1972.

Good luck to you lads with birds still at the race site and good returns. :animatedpigeons:

Guest nikkimass35

That baffles me!! I know welsh birds aren't flying as far but atleast they're up!

Dont think there is much in it i fly 204 miles. I think its madness. We have not been told why its a hold over or anything. Hope they are up tomorrow but cant see it.

It's a lovely sunny end to the day here in Portsmouth with a Lt SE in the Channel,been pretty good all day, bit cloudy to start but soon brightened up. Any problems must be at the Lib Site end, as I went to the beach at lunch time and visibility was perfect with the IOW standing out like a jewel.

Guest The Newbie

We raced Fougeres on Saturday its 380,miles here we went @ 6.30 there were only 6,day birds and 5,the next day and the North West Combine were @Carentan and they heldover due to fog and mist in the channel they have libbed them this morning.

The Solent Fed was at Fougeres on Sat (after being brought back from Cholet due to persistent poor weather forecasts) and liberated at 9.45.

Despite our misgivings over the strong NE wind in the Channel returns were surprisingly good.

We had a low send after a bad Fougeres last week when on a better day returns were abysmal despite it being only 170mls, and also a bad forecast for Cholet (We were unaware that they would be brought back on the Sat but it was a wise decision.)

68 birds were entered in the Club and returns were close to 100% at clocks with the first 40 being clocked in a spell of 50mins. so the expected 'horrendous' Channel crossing of 95ml proved to be unfounded.

We have found that NE winds on a hot day are nowhere near as detrimental as a N.Easter in colder weather.