Widhood Cock Trapping

How do guys, I have a widowhood cock who has trouble trapping.. As a young bird, he came twice to win, ended up with two 2nds, And he also should have had a 3rd as a young bird but messed that up too.

this year our 1st race he came down the road clapping, Flew around lots and then dropped after a few minutes, if he would have dropped he would have been 1st fed quite easily.

This week he came, and obviously flew round and lost out on been in the prizes :(

anyone got tips on how to get him to trap better?

just to state i use a t3 clock to time in so that each time he comes he's handled.

Cheers in Advance :)

How do guys, I have a widowhood cock who has trouble trapping.. As a young bird, he came twice to win, ended up with two 2nds, And he also should have had a 3rd as a young bird but messed that up too.

this year our 1st race he came down the road clapping, Flew around lots and then dropped after a few minutes, if he would have dropped he would have been 1st fed quite easily.

This week he came, and obviously flew round and lost out on been in the prizes :(

anyone got tips on how to get him to trap better?

just to state i use a t3 clock to time in so that each time he comes he's handled.

Cheers in Advance :)

Spend more time teaching them to trap when YB .

i wasted a few good pigeons by rough handling but even when gentle some birds just do not like to be caught and if this is the case ets is the only answer m8

Thank you, I appreciate that advice and its what I've been thinking just in the mean time I was after ways, I've been given a tip from a fancier and it'll work fingers crossed :)

i wasted a few good pigeons by rough handling but even when gentle some birds just do not like to be caught and if this is the case ets is the only answer m8

agree mate I have already fkd one gd yearling hen up she has always been in the first couple to the loft so always timing her. On Saturday she was my first pigeon at 9:50 and sat out to 9:55 I timed my second doo first at 54. I will need to get ets its far supieror

agree mate I have already fkd one gd yearling hen up she has always been in the first couple to the loft so always timing her. On Saturday she was my first pigeon at 9:50 and sat out to 9:55 I timed my second doo first at 54. I will need to get ets its far supieror

My cock in question went to the 2nd yb race last year and came early so clocked him in, Pooled him up the week after he came to win the club by miles! ended up stopping out for ages and came in and still took 2nd! week after he was pooled came and messed about, the week after he had a rest and then the week after he came again to win and messed about, ended up been 2nd again!

This year we're only on our 3rd race and he's been clocked in all 3 races.. the 1st race he came to win and messed about but just got his 1st prize.. last week he was a bit late (think something pecked him) and then this week he came to be maybe 2nd or 3rd but ended up way down the sheet :(

widowhood cocks in top form arrow to the loft well this is what i found anyway those that clap on the home end are not 100% on it yet, when this cock gets the full picture you won't be able to stop him. out of interest what sort of training back to the hen have you give this cock. a few sharp short tosses back to the hen may do the trick

widowhood cocks in top form arrow to the loft well this is what i found anyway those that clap on the home end are not 100% on it yet, when this cock gets the full picture you won't be able to stop him. out of interest what sort of training back to the hen have you give this cock. a few sharp short tosses back to the hen may do the trick

Thanks for that, Got me excited for when he comes on form ;) He's had a 1st prize the other week even with his bad trapping! he's not really had much training, none of the cocks have just an odd toss before racing. Thanks for the advice :)

Guest chad3646

andyyy i dont think the guy was trying to be sarcastic you asked for ones opinion

there is not a lot you can do about it,this when you get the same pigeon weak in weak out it is obvious it knows it is going to get caught, hence the reason it will not come down right away

we have all experienced it as walter said get the ets

andyyy i dont think the guy was trying to be sarcastic you asked for ones opinion

there is not a lot you can do about it,this when you get the same pigeon weak in weak out it is obvious it knows it is going to get caught, hence the reason it will not come down right away

we have all experienced it as walter said get the ets

Was quite sarcastic, in my opinion.

There are a few tips can be given as people have shared them.

Getting ets is the answer of course, however only one of the two clubs i fly in allow member to use ets, I have said next season without a doubt i will be using ets in one club, and try and get member of the other club to move forward too.

Andy don't worry the trap will come I had a cock called Dynamite he was a very bad trapper when he was off the boil he clapped and banged bit like yours until he was on super form`, once he hit super form he would knock you over if you stood in his way to enter the loft, he topped the fed three times against over 6,000 birds plus other top fed positions, Wished I had him now even if clapped.

Andy don't worry the trap will come I had a cock called Dynamite he was a very bad trapper when he was off the boil he clapped and banged bit like yours until he was on super form`, once he hit super form he would knock you over if you stood in his way to enter the loft, he topped the fed three times against over 6,000 birds plus other top fed positions, Wished I had him now even if clapped.

thanks for that nice for a good coment :) my cock wouldn't have been outa the top 4 in the fed if he came in when he come!! XD

Thank you, I appreciate that advice and its what I've been thinking just in the mean time I was after ways, I've been given a tip from a fancier and it'll work fingers crossed :)

andy i wasted the best bird i ever had catching him he won six firsts 8 seconds and 14 thirds and over two thousand pounds in pooles and a load of fed tickets all i had to do was send him driving after winning three he started wasting time he did not like to be caught i then got stall traps and he won three more then he would not go in the stall trap without wasting lots of time if i would have had ets then he would have been a legend i stopped him at three years old and he bred me some great winners but as a racer he drove me nuts he died two years ago age 17 what a doo he was called taylors boy after my oldest grandaughter who love him to bits a gay pied cock get the ets m8 if you can afford it you wont regret it best thing i ever done and i was against it at first to solve bad trappers you cant beat it good luck to you

andy i wasted the best bird i ever had catching him he won six firsts 8 seconds and 14 thirds and over two thousand pounds in pooles and a load of fed tickets all i had to do was send him driving after winning three he started wasting time he did not like to be caught i then got stall traps and he won three more then he would not go in the stall trap without wasting lots of time if i would have had ets then he would have been a legend i stopped him at three years old and he bred me some great winners but as a racer he drove me nuts he died two years ago age 17 what a doo he was called taylors boy after my oldest grandaughter who love him to bits a gay pied cock get the ets m8 if you can afford it you wont regret it best thing i ever done and i was against it at first to solve bad trappers you cant beat it good luck to you

Thats good advice, Thank you. I will get the ets, After making one or two loft alterations ;)

I can imagine how mad he drove you, my birds doing my head in haa, Best of look to you too!

walter what strain was that pigeon of, the one with 6 firsts 8 seconds and14 thirds, and what club were you in at that time?

he was a busheart x herman his sire was a grandson of champion tarzan i bought the sire and dam from brian shippley from yorkshire nice guy along with some van reets all were winners great birds

he was a busheart x herman his sire was a grandson of champion tarzan i bought the sire and dam from brian shippley from yorkshire nice guy along with some van reets all were winners great birds

greenfield club and five bird club m8

greenfield club and five bird club m8

he was also 3rd in carluke open race and took all there pools almost three hundred pounds with three all poolers think i was 3rd 4 th and 5th after i could not get through to find out the lib time and went to my then loft 3 miles away to find my three birds sitting on the loft i was fuming think davy eliot won the race i won all the money and was told not to come back lol

that was also how i learned to tell if a hen would lay the next night or that night or would not lay in three days at the earlyst and im never wrong if my good cocks hen was going to lay on basketing night he was spot on if you hold a hen and you cant feel anything when you press gently against her vent she will not lay for at least two days if you can feel a round mass she will lay the next day and if you can feel the hard point she will lay that night once you get a bit of practice its 100 per cent correct the only time i got it wrong the hen i was checking had a round mass of internal canker but when the mass had not changed to a hard point by the next day i knew something was not right try it with your eggy hens its a handy thing to know just push your finger gently but firmly on or just below her vent handle the same hen every day when you see the cock walking be hind her and you will feel the different stages the hen goes through from nothing there to swollen with round mass to sharp point and laying and you will never be caught out with your hens laying in the basket unless there in the basket more than two days

aye if

its not a cheep hobby now chad but i wonder why no credit companys have moved in on the ets i think more would buy it if it could be paid up monthly the first clock i had was 4 pounds a month a new stb from body and ridewood it would give the guys who cant afford them a chance to get one

its not a cheep hobby now chad but i wonder why no credit companys have moved in on the ets i think more would buy it if it could be paid up monthly the first clock i had was 4 pounds a month a new stb from body and ridewood it would give the guys who cant afford them a chance to get one

Water i think a few years back they was doing credit deals on Ets, might be worth having a word. for those interested