2012 Young Bird Season Reflection

sapper756

How many 2012 youngsters did you breed for your race team? 37, 2 lost off loft

After training, how many did you have left for the 1st race of 2012 season? 34 (1 disposed of because of injury)none lost in training

After the final race of 2012 season, how many do you have for yearlings next year? After yesterdays race (240 miles) and sending 25 - I have one missing - so currently 28 yearling for next year (6 missing from 8 races out to 240 miles

How many do you have injured/hawked? 1 + 1 too injured to save

How many have you had reported? 0

How many 2012 youngsters did you breed for your race team? - we started with around 88 in the darkness loft,

After training, how many did you have left for the 1st race of 2012 season? - we got to the first race with 66 / 68.

After the final race of 2012 season, how many do you have for yearlings next year? - 30

How many do you have injured/hawked? - 4

How many have you had reported? - 5 - one came back in a box from devon and has flown 2 x channels since. ^_^

We have done ok this year, some in our valley have not got any left, one fancier has 8 left from 80 bred and he only flew 3 races. another has 9 left from 50 with no racing.

A very tough season but we are taking serious birds through to next year with most having 2 x channel races under their belts.

ant

Started with 26,a low flying heron spooked them and I lost 11.The 15 left were given 3 short races up to 100mls. then stopped for 3weeks until we got to the 170mls.stage, they all flew this race.Only got one from the missing 11 reported a couple of months later so I let the lad keep it.

This season was the first season for a while that we raced babys.

We bred 57 and we are left with 44 so not to bad. We didnt race them hard only 3-4 races at 127 miles but still happy with how they came.

Now that the 2012 young bird season is behind us, and considering some of the horrific tales of massive losses, I thought it would be interesting if members shared the following information;

How many 2012 youngsters did you breed for your race team?

After training, how many did you have left for the 1st race of 2012 season?

After the final race of 2012 season, how many do you have for yearlings next year?

How many do you have injured/hawked?

How many have you had reported?

Thank you in advance for your replies

Had 43 natural youngsters

25 after losing 16 in one disaster toss

Have 18 that have raced or trained 5 from yb nat

2 hawked

2 reported

41 Naturals Yb's on the Thursday night before the first race, that was the first time i counted them this year.

Dropped 5 training

Dropped 12 racing

2 reported dead

2 reported in other lofts, 1 of which is back and the other will be libbed this week so should be back too.

1 back through the stray centre as well.

Highlight was 3rd section/open Fed.

Most STUPID thing i done was Not to enter the duplication race with the above doo!!

• 2 months later...