Next Race

AFTER THE LOSSES FROM THE ALNWICK RACE (OVER 50% IMO) WE ARE GOING TO CONSETT WITH THE ANGUS FED,ALL CLUBS TO BE DOWN AT THE DOUGLAS CLUB FOR A 8PM PICK UP,15 DOOS A ANGUS FED CRATE AND 60P A DOO,WELL DONE TO JOHN MCBRIDE WHO WAS 1ST AND 2ND FED

AFTER THE LOSSES FROM THE ALNWICK RACE (OVER 50% IMO) WE ARE GOING TO CONSETT WITH THE ANGUS FED,ALL CLUBS TO BE DOWN AT THE DOUGLAS CLUB FOR A 8PM PICK UP,15 DOOS A ANGUS FED CRATE,WELL DONE TO JOHN MCBRIDE WHO WAS 1ST AND 2ND FED

CHEERS GEORGE ONLY 1ST AND 2ND THIS WEEK DIDNT THINK THEY BIRDS WERE RIGHT LOL

AFTER THE LOSSES FROM THE ALNWICK RACE (OVER 50% IMO) WE ARE GOING TO CONSETT WITH THE ANGUS FED,ALL CLUBS TO BE DOWN AT THE DOUGLAS CLUB FOR A 8PM PICK UP,15 DOOS A ANGUS FED CRATE,WELL DONE TO JOHN MCBRIDE WHO WAS 1ST AND 2ND FED

LOSSES AT WEEK END MORE LIKE 60-70%, HARDLY ANY LOFTS WITH 50% RETURNS!!!! :(

HAPPENS EVERY YEAR AND IS SURE TO PUT FANCIERS OUT THE SPORT, ALTHOUGH NOTHING CAN BE DONE NOW BUT AS ALWAYS NOT EVEN AN ENQUIRY RAISED...

DISASTERS LIKE THESE SHOULD BE USED CONSTRUCTIVELY AND POSSITIVLY TO HELP PREVENTING THESE TYPES OF LOSSES HAPPENING IN THE FUTURE AND GIVE FANCIERS A BIT OF HOPE FOR NEXT YOUNG BIRD SEASON, just my thoughts but something has to change?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

LOSSES AT WEEK END MORE LIKE 60-70%, HARDLY ANY LOFTS WITH 50% RETURNS!!!! :(

HAPPENS EVERY YEAR AND IS SURE TO PUT FANCIERS OUT THE SPORT, ALTHOUGH NOTHING CAN BE DONE NOW BUT AS ALWAYS NOT EVEN AN ENQUIRY RAISED...

DISASTERS LIKE THESE SHOULD BE USED CONSTRUCTIVELY AND POSSITIVLY TO HELP PREVENTING THESE TYPES OF LOSSES HAPPENING IN THE FUTURE AND GIVE FANCIERS A BIT OF HOPE FOR NEXT YOUNG BIRD SEASON, just my thoughts but something has to change?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I DID SAY OVER 50%, :P

THE LAST TIME WE HAD AN ENQUIRY IT WAS A WAIST OF TIME,JMO

nobody trying to blame anybody, but if we adopt different procedures then fanciers will remain positive in the hope that at least changes are being made to hopefully improve racing in general...

my biggest concern is young birds, they are our future... and if this type of racing continues then the future is somewhat bleek!!

we carry on year in and year out, and every year we get a disaster that cleans out the fed literally... the next three races will be run at a loss for starters which contradicts a meeting we held in april to try and generate funds in the fed, birdage will soar hitting the pockets of pensioners and the unemployed, fanciers forced into stopping pigeons for next year, birdages will plummit to all time lows, the list continues and all contrdictory as to why we keep pigeons as sporting hobby!

preventative measures should be adopted based on these bad races for future racing and lower the risk of such disasters!!

nobody trying to blame anybody, but if we adopt different procedures then fanciers will remain positive in the hope that at least changes are being made to hopefully improve racing in general...

my biggest concern is young birds, they are our future... and if this type of racing continues then the future is somewhat bleek!!

we carry on year in and year out, and every year we get a disaster that cleans out the fed literally... the next three races will be run at a loss for starters which contradicts a meeting we held in april to try and generate funds in the fed, birdage will soar hitting the pockets of pensioners and the unemployed, fanciers forced into stopping pigeons for next year, birdages will plummit to all time lows, the list continues and all contrdictory as to why we keep pigeons as sporting hobby!

preventative measures should be adopted based on these bad races for future racing and lower the risk of such disasters!!

A clockie joke, No way would I blame a controller although alot of folk do.The fact of the matter is, we all put our head in the sand and do fek all to help the sport.If you fall into that category then you are to blame for its demise.I know , I do what I can to save the sport.

A clockie joke, No way would I blame a controller although alot of folk do.The fact of the matter is, we all put our head in the sand and do fek all to help the sport.If you fall into that category then you are to blame for its demise.I know , I do what I can to save the sport.

realise your joke mate, but unfortunatley Dundee fanciers are not in a joking frame of mind the now!!!

everbody had bad losses over the season its the way the sport is and fanciers are the biggest culprits i know of at least 6 fanciers that had pigeons away wi no training or been to letham park its a joke these culprits need to wake and early smell the cofffee and get the bums out o bed and train there birds they need to face up to them being 75% of the problem and yes the birds of pray are major factor too but fanciers are getting to be lasy dirty buggers too

everbody had bad losses over the season its the way the sport is and fanciers are the biggest culprits i know of at least 6 fanciers that had pigeons away wi no training or been to letham park its a joke these culprits need to wake and early smell the cofffee and get the bums out o bed and train there birds they need to face up to them being 75% of the problem and yes the birds of pray are major factor too but fanciers are getting to be lasy dirty buggers too

Everyone has losses for one reason or another but some guys need to rethink their training schedule and their ability to accomodate and properly keep large amounts of birds. I've had teams of 100 and upwards and it's bl..dy hard work. When the "smashes" occur it's a percentage game, so you can work it out. You cannot account for the horrendous losses incurred this season but give the birds a fighting chance

Everyone has losses for one reason or another but some guys need to rethink their training schedule and their ability to accomodate and properly keep large amounts of birds. I've had teams of 100 and upwards and it's bl..dy hard work. When the "smashes" occur it's a percentage game, so you can work it out. You cannot account for the horrendous losses incurred this season but give the birds a fighting chance

respect your comments lads and totally agree about the untrained pigeons being sent to these early young birds races, it simply shouldnt be allowed.., but unfortunately what ever happened on saturday (imo not far from the racepoint) has stopped a huge percentage of even the best trained and healthiest young pigeons reaching home whether you be a small or big team flyer!

big young birds losses is unfortunately the name of the game these days and we have to learn to accept that, but outright 'slaughters' have to be addressed and not just brushed under the carpet as last year or the year before, coz guess what in 2013 the same will happen again!!

it wouldn't do any harm for just one season trying different procedures, starting with YB's where by we might just improve on our current race returns and standard of race... just a thought but it would be start??? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

You will still race them on a Saturday and in July and august keep doing it and you will join me on the golf course at st Michael's

Or change your ways race youngsters either September or May give it a go what you got to lose

heard ur losses are just as high on the golf course mate, lol :emoticon-0136-giggle: ... enjoy yir golf! ;)

training makes nowt to do with it when you get a race like this ,

my birds have easily had 30 tosses this year 4 races prior to saturday and been comming great , i had 66 birds away on sat 40 of these being my june hatched naturals falling to bits in the moult who previously had 1 race a few weeks ago , i timed my june birds from the race that not had a lot of exsperience and there nearly all home all my april breed darkness birds bar 2 are awol and they are the birds i should have been timming , some returns are terrible others are reasonable but i would say its percy thats split the convoy as there getting reported over in whitehaven in cumbria for the 3rd year on the trot tp a few lads already in a strong west wind only one thing makes birds fly 100 miles wrong way into wind and thats percy end of story

training makes nowt to do with it when you get a race like this ,

my birds have easily had 30 tosses this year 4 races prior to saturday and been comming great , i had 66 birds away on sat 40 of these being my june hatched naturals falling to bits in the moult who previously had 1 race a few weeks ago , i timed my june birds from the race that not had a lot of exsperience and there nearly all home all my april breed darkness birds bar 2 are awol and they are the birds i should have been timming , some returns are terrible others are reasonable but i would say its percy thats split the convoy as there getting reported over in whitehaven in cumbria for the 3rd year on the trot tp a few lads already in a strong west wind only one thing makes birds fly 100 miles wrong way into wind and thats percy end of story

Totally agree with you about races like this. I've noted my returns over the years when we've had the "smashes" with Y/B's. The birds that are missing are (in my opinion) my better or fancied birds. My theory is that the front runners take the "bash", whether it be B.O.P. or what ever and the others come home. Istill believe that many don't put the time and effort into Y/B's that is required, again only a personal view and not a generality.

Totally agree with you about races like this. I've noted my returns over the years when we've had the "smashes" with Y/B's. The birds that are missing are (in my opinion) my better or fancied birds. My theory is that the front runners take the "bash", whether it be B.O.P. or what ever and the others come home. Istill believe that many don't put the time and effort into Y/B's that is required, again only a personal view and not a generality.

the untrained bird will not help the convoy get of as quick as it should the longer they are in the area the more chance they have of being whacked , the leading birds break of and head for home only to get whacked and the latter ones plod on and get home first , its happend to me a few times at training with percy strike one time you get home there nearly all back with a a few missing , next time theres only a few home before you and the rest take all day and some of the next thsts from 40 miles so no different to a race ,

'percy' mega problem in our sport now, and slowly destroying our great hobby... :(

me personally i wouldnt be keen to be first in the sky on a saturday these days, try and dodge the hit... let them fill there bellies then lib, food for thought so to speak... little things that could be tried to try and improve the current YB situation, no harm in trying is there :emoticon-0138-thinking: , we cant do any worse i'm afraid!!! :huh:

i hope i can shed some light on the dundee fed disaster from alnwick.here is my own experience. birds homing after 3/4/5/hrs looking if they had flown 500mls getting a drink then acting if they hadnt been away.DEHYDRATION.bird homing after 4hrs with mud on feet.DEHYDRATION.bird going into another loft in fed early in race DEHYDRATION.my birds and other members birds homing and sitting as if in a trance sometimes for an hour.so from the above you can see my opinion for the disaster.