North Of Scotland 2 Bird Cc

Sitting hear up to my waist in snaw, bored to tears.

Do any of the PB members the above club.

It covered the Angus , Dundee & Aberdeen feds.

Whats your recollections of this very old club and is there any interest in resurrecting this club and all its glory.

remember it well, very well supported club with some great prize n pool money to be won!

it was a mid-week club comprising of a yearling race, old bird and young bird race... and if i can remember correctly the racepoints were Stafford, Dorchester and Lancaster.

remember it well, very well supported club with some great prize n pool money to be won!

it was a mid-week club comprising of a yearling race, old bird and young bird race... and if i can remember correctly the racepoints were Stafford, Dorchester and Lancaster.

The good old days, :D

Do you think there would be any interest today if the club restarted, because all cups are all in the bank in Forfar.

Guest Basin View

First of all great post for us Tayside fanciers.

What we need is more input from fanciers in the 70/ 80's, regarding their thoughts on this club, race marking and clocks were were done in Forfar.

I only started back in the "doos" in 2009, having packed up in 1978, I was a member of the N of S 2-bird in the 70's.

If restarted I would be interested in helping out organise / being an official in the club.

This was a club where loft location wasn't an issue any where in the tayside area could win, due to the 2-bird limit.

Recall my uncle David Scott, Brechin, winning the Dorcehester race in 1997 with a cheq hen bred by my Dads and Davids Cousin Albert Scott, Duntrune.

David Scott, Brechin, also won the 78/79 young bird race from Lancaster timing in before any birds in Dundee.

Chic Carrie won the Stafford yearling in either 77 or 78 with a son of Davids Scott's Snow Cap, 6th open SNFC Nantes, 657 mile on the day record holder for many years.

Also remember a hard Dorcherster with only 5 or so birds on the day, Chic Cameron and Albert Scott had 2 of these.

The MacPhersons from Arbroath also scored in these races.

Would have possibly won the Stafford yearling in 1977, being a day race with no day birds I had a bird at 5.50 am, but thats by the by, also timed from the hard Dorchester

that year with very few birds being timed in.

I won the old bird averages in either 91 or 92, just pipped fancier down in Wellbank, but cant remember his name.

I remember the late Italian Stallion ( Joe Russo ) of Forfar and his great bird winning twice.

What a great club.

Lets see if we can get something started up again. We can start by asking around fellow club mates and get some idea of what the interest is with them and come back and post on this site and we can take it from there.

Brian

Guest Basin View

What were the reasons for this club folding.

Was it to do with transportation, lack of interest, etc.

Best to know why it folded as these problems may still exist, birdage costs / transportation to race points may be the stumbling block.

In these present times how could we cost efficiently get a few crates of birds to the south coast for a 400 mile race.

Best to know why it folded as these problems may still exist, birdage costs / transportation to race points may be the stumbling block.

In these present times how could we cost efficiently get a few crates of birds to the south coast for a 400 mile race.

I think one of the problems was they were suppose to be home for tea time but they were lib to early and some missed them or something like that :emoticon-0138-thinking: ,I remember they were home at 3pm from Dorchester.jmo

Tam up the law timed my two in before 3.30pm i think :emoticon-0138-thinking:

it may work better for costs if you allow members to send say 6 birds

for open prizes but nominate 2 counting towards the 2 bird club

gives a bit more interest and a bigger birdage to help cover costs

jmo dave

Great idea Dave, thats what we are looking for new ideas.

Transport was one of the problems as well as the birds getting home too early for the working man, but if enough people put their heads together anything is possible. We need to be positive and find solutions not obstacles. I am sure if enough people are interested in getting the club back up and running again we can do it.