Lanarkshire Fed Race Program 2012

ame='budgie' date='16 October 2011 - 13:43 PM' timestamp='1318769015' post='691221']

Due respect Andy but what good would that do? Its only useful if we had Met Office equipment to predict the forecast, without it we're back to doing it the way we do now.

IMO its all one what we do, we WON'T get better than Jim Hannah.

John i totally agree but if he decides to step down and as you confirm you wont get any better who would follow as this is a Thankless Job and on another note you dont need equipment you need to understand and be able to read weather forecast,s.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gareth Rankin

Well with the 2012 race programme decided you may have to think about the families you race as this West Route is a Grave Yard as was 2008 when over 85 % of our Old pigeons Went AWOL.With regards to alternative race points Lancaster-Ingleton,Leyland-Charnock,Dorchester-Portsmouth and Sartilly-Falaise.Young Birds will end up going back down the East Route forget about the shi-e 5 East Winds you all know why the birds went missing and i wonder who will be brave enough to take the Controllers Job which i think should be done by outsider who has no interest in Lanarkshire Fed.:angry:

If Sartilly is not available i feel that we should come back a little in distance too Carantan 458 miles as when we have flown down the east side over the last 10 years we have flown from either Ypres 441 miles or Lille 460 miles. It would then give us a better comparison than Sartilly and with a small convoy of 500-700 pigeons it can only help to have a sucessful race. JMO

With no Dorchester the closest race point on that line of flight is Portland which is 10 miles further, personally though i would also prefer to go to Portsmouth, with east in the wind it will keep the doos away from the welsh valleys, this something that Dorchester will not do.

ame='budgie' date='16 October 2011 - 13:43 PM' timestamp='1318769015' post='691221']

Due respect Andy but what good would that do? Its only useful if we had Met Office equipment to predict the forecast, without it we're back to doing it the way we do now.

John i totally agree but if he decides to step down and as you confirm you wont get any better who would follow as this is a Thankless Job and on another note you dont need equipment you need to understand and be able to read weather forecast,s.

who would want the job with people like gareth and tam on here running you into the gutter all the time now lets see if any of them will step forward ,

Guest TAMMY_1

you are spot on there John despite all the flak he gets,Jim works very hard trying to weigh up all the options and will only let them go when he thinks the birds have the best chance of getting home

Guest TAMMY_1

EXACTLY

Guest Gareth Rankin

ame='budgie' date='16 October 2011 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1318769768' post='691225']

who would want the job with people like gareth and tam on here running you into the gutter all the time now lets see if any of them will step forward ,

Please look back my posts the last 5 years and tell me how many times i have criticised the race controller of my fed, ill tell you how many, 3 times, and each time it is down to the fact that he has cancelled the race when every other fancier in the fed knew we would get a race, also other times when he has brought them back to a short race 60 miles-78 miles at 09.00 on a Saturday morning, this when every other fed liberated on the Saturday or Sunday from the appointed race point that was chosen by their members and the races either turned out to be good to very good.

Members put a lot of work into their doos throughout the week building up to the Saturday, therefore all attempts should be made at giving the fed members a race from the race point that they selected at the AGM.

does hammyman have a name ??

Please look back my posts the last 5 years and tell me how many times i have criticised the race controller of my fed, ill tell you how many, 3 times, and each time it is down to the fact that he has cancelled the race when every other fancier in the fed knew we would get a race, also other times when he has brought them back to a short race 60 miles-78 miles at 09.00 on a Saturday morning, this when every other fed liberated on the Saturday or Sunday from the appointed race point that was chosen by their members and the races either turned out to be good to very good.

Members put a lot of work into their doos throughout the week building up to the Saturday, therefore all attempts should be made at giving the fed members a race from the race point that they selected at the AGM.

does hammyman have a name ??

Gareth, Jims doos are also on the transporter, dont you think he puts as much work into his as any of the rest us, the man is in charge and is just calling the shots to the best of his ability with the best interests of the birds in mind, we are all great race controllers with the benefit of hindsight, anyway i dont think he should be ridiculed or criticised on an open forum, he has previously been hounded out of the job and i for one was glad to see him back, the jobs hard enough to do without having to read some the pash written on hear about him.

Guest Gareth Rankin

Gareth, Jims doos are also on the transporter, dont you think he puts as much work into his as any of the rest us, the man is in charge and is just calling the shots to the best of his ability with the best interests of the birds in mind, we are all great race controllers with the benefit of hindsight, anyway i dont think he should be ridiculed or criticised on an open forum, he has previously been hounded out of the job and i for one was glad to see him back, the jobs hard enough to do without having to read some the pash written on hear about him.

I have a strong dislike of my pigeons and other fanciers not getting the race that they were sent to and possibly i do get a little passionate and involved when the pigeons get brought back for no justifiable reason. I dont know who will be doing the job in 2012 but a new years resolution from me is on the way :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: .

;)

The met office is contactable 24 hours a day for the most detailed of weather forecast at a fee of course. They will talk you through the weather during the early hours and predict what might happen.

Even better if he was sent up to Aberdeen to learn a bit about weather on a met office course made contacts within the met office officials so they can understand what we pigeon men are looking for

we are asking a dooman to look up the internet that may not have the correct information

Guest Gareth Rankin

The met office is contactable 24 hours a day for the most detailed of weather forecast at a fee of course. They will talk you through the weather during the early hours and predict what might happen.

Even better if he was sent up to Aberdeen to learn a bit about weather on a met office course made contacts within the met office officials so they can understand what we pigeon men are looking for

we are asking a dooman to look up the internet that may not have the correct information

Perhaps it wouldn't do any harm Frank but It's cost if I am correct in saying is approx £150 per day.

The met office short term accuracy is very good and considering Lanarkshire have only 4 races beyond 220 miles then using the internet and line of flight contacts should be enough, when you compare what's available now for a racecontroller to that of 30 years ago then the modern technology should be enough. Jmo

Perhaps it wouldn't do any harm Frank but It's cost if I am correct in saying is approx £150 per day.

The met office short term accuracy is very good and considering Lanarkshire have only 4 races beyond 220 miles then using the internet and line of flight contacts should be enough, when you compare what's available now for a racecontroller to that of 30 years ago then the modern technology should be enough. Jmo

Don't worry about costs

the vote the other day confirmed that they want to go alone and not duplicate into the snfc

so near on every race over 220 mile will run at a loss

as for going across the water with lucky 300 birds @ £5 per bird gives you £1500 that should cover the transport as for prize money

the winner will get a pokey hat

hope Gareth and King Billy take on the controllers job next year.funny how everyone thinks jim hannas the best now that the fed is faced with going down the west.all the folk that do the shouting to go west should step up and take the controlling job.king billy said he would do it then he should. i was in midland fed and we lost all our birds every year going down there.i joined lanarkshire to go east and my returns have been great

Guest Gareth Rankin

hope Gareth and King Billy take on the controllers job next year.funny how everyone thinks jim hannas the best now that the fed is faced with going down the west.all the folk that do the shouting to go west should step up and take the controlling job.king billy said he would do it then he should. i was in midland fed and we lost all our birds every year going down there.i joined lanarkshire to go east and my returns have been great

Eddie the Midland fed whislt you were a member were daft enough at that time to liberate in Crawford which is not exactly the best place to liberate 2000 inexperienced young birds, lessons have been learned and now they give the doos a fair crack of the whip by liberating at longtown which gives them a good 20 miles before they hit the hills.

Eddie the Midland fed whislt you were a member were daft enough at that time to liberate in Crawford which is not exactly the best place to liberate 2000 inexperienced young birds, lessons have been learned and now they give the doos a fair crack of the whip by liberating at longtown which gives them a good 20 miles before they hit the hills.

well me and delboy will be over to watch all your ybs from longtown coming home.hoody got one on the day from longtown 2 years in a row

Guest Gareth Rankin

well me and delboy will be over to watch all your ybs from longtown coming home.hoody got one on the day from longtown 2 years in a row

I hope your not telling me that your not sending with Lanarkshire??

Guest Gareth Rankin

we will let you know on friday what we think aboot it

We will get the champagne out and have a toast together on a prosperous and successful 2012 season racing with the lanarkshire fed. ;)

Guest Gareth Rankin

Whats done will have knock-on- Effect over the next 2 years.

Bloody hell Andy you and Frank will be coming to the LSC presentation in Haloween costumes as Grim Reaper's.

:emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Too much negativity on this thread. :egyptian: