Advise Needed

daviedoo22

Over the summer months i had noticed a lot of moisture in my grit and mineral pots,my loft is well ventilated and is raised 1ft off the ground.My birds are well into moult now and some are showing signs of respiritory.I have a lot of trees at the rear and the ground is vey moist,usually it dries up through the summer but not this year.any advise on how to reduce the moisture in my loft.

If dam outside then going to be damp inside if well ventilated then shouldn't be as damp trees are good as take a lot of moisture out of the ground . Only way to reduce moisture in loft is to open it up more let more light and ventilation in . A few photos may help :)

25ft x 10ft and 100 birds approx.I have a 4inch opening running the entire length at high level at the back,and a 5inch opening low level at the front again entire length of loft.

I have just checked under my loft and it is bone dry,the timber on the underside of the floor is also bone dry.could my old birds of picked up an infection through the racing season and with the stress of the moult its is now showing.

go to your plumbers merchants buy some smoke testers put in loft without birds see how long it takes to clear the quicker the more air exchange the slower the less birds you can have if you have a pitched roof air will stagnate a pent roof open at top front n rear will allow warm to escape its the warm moist air that causes problems as regards number of birds it is not important if the air exchange is right check out stevie van breeman