Larkhall Loft Burned Down

Guest Gareth Rankin

Guest Gareth Rankin

Thanks lads for your generous offers, will visit him tomorrow and let him know that there are fanciers that are willing to help him if he wishes to continue in the sport.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad news especially as he's of an age where can do without this kind of thing happening , i sincerely hopes he continues and doesn't let this scum ruin his hobby and a life times work , and well done to the basics members once again offering there support in his time of need :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

I'm sorry to hear about this, and my thoughts are with the fancier and those birds which were at the race. I wondered if the fancier had a garden shed in which he could trap / keep his 6 remaining YB racers until something more permanent was made available?

Guest Gareth Rankin

After this thread was started on Saturday i received and email from a very generous fancier who is going to build and erect a new loft 16 foot long for Davie. He does not know Davie but he was like us all so shocked by the story that he just couldn't sit back.

Going to confirm an offer that Davie has had from Mike about nest boxes.

Now looking for 2 small vents for the front of the loft and also 2 small sputniks??

After this thread was started on Saturday i received and email from a very generous fancier who is going to build and erect a new loft 16 foot long for Davie. He does not know Davie but he was like us all so shocked by the story that he just couldn't sit back.

Now looking for 2 small vents for the front of the loft and also 2 small sputniks??

amazing offer :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: well done :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Guest Gareth Rankin

I have been speaking to Gareth about an application to the fund

Ian

Thanks for that Ian, have printed it off and will take to Davie for him complete it tomorrow, i will have it back in the post to you asap.

thanks

Gareth

Guest Gareth Rankin

This picture certainly makes you feel for this gentleman, I hope he gets back up and racing very soon.

New loft should hopefully be in place for the weekend or just shortly after this. Also he had sent 6 to the race, 5 returned and local fancier helped Davie catch them into the basket that you see in the photo on Sunday morning.

5 hole stall trap here if it was any good to him.

Guest Gareth Rankin

GARETH HAS THE PLACE BEEN CLEARED YET FOR THE NEW LOFT TO GO UP???

Davie has been in touch with the council and they have told him that the burnt wood will need to be tied together for an uplift to be done. Will try and get a trailer organised and take round to the waste depot, will maybe try and arrange this for Wedensday evening around 18.30.

Davie has been in touch with the council and they have told him that the burnt wood will need to be tied together for an uplift to be done. Will try and get a trailer organised and take round to the waste depot, will maybe try and arrange this for Wedensday evening around 18.30.

LET ME KNOW AND I'LL COME UP AND SHIFT IT WITH YOU