Otterburn Photo 5.15Am 6 August 2011

johno

confirming the weather at the top of the hill site where glasgow were. i believe the photo is of the sky is it not, usually a major player when people try to interprit weather.

if you read the posts on another site it was stated by myself that my convoyer did say that the weather prior 6.10 was better but had closed in with full cloud cover and fog/mist at the bottom of the hill

stb, on the other site, has stated from other pictures hes seen taken at 6.15am at the site that the weather appeared fine. its all about about individual perception. we took photos to back ourselves up as a similar situation happened last year. all we are all trying to do is give the pigeons a chance. when i get hold of the other pictures from 6.15am i will post them. hope all those waiting on birds get most back home.

stb, on the other site, has stated from other pictures hes seen taken at 6.15am at the site that the weather appeared fine. its all about about individual perception. we took photos to back ourselves up as a similar situation happened last year. all we are all trying to do is give the pigeons a chance. when i get hold of the other pictures from 6.15am i will post them. hope all those waiting on birds get most back home.

read posts 50,62,64 and 65 on another site by kev 43 some moving of the goalposts here i think,i for one have never stated that at the time of the glasgow lib that it wasn't right weather wise cos i wasn't interested because i was off site by 6.15 and on the road to kelso looking after the welfare of the north west birds.i'll have no more to say on the matter other than that when i phoned my convoyer at 6 am he said that it wasn't good and with the weather forecasters forecasting heavy rain moving north and with their own admission weren't sure of the speed of the weatherfront or the amount of rainfall i made the decision to move to kelso which also asks the question why did the unc basket saturday for sunday racing,reason i think( might be wrong )is that they thought the weather front was going to be in the north of england in the morning this front never came in as quick as they thought anyway i'll finish off and hope some of the birds make it home including my auld mans who flies with the almond valley who got 5/27

i have the photos at 6.30 hear and can confirm that the sky is very good light brocken cloud with plenty sunshine and visibillity is at least 50 miles to the hills in the distance , i tried yo upload them on scanner but it makes them look to dark but the photos are good

read posts 50,62,64 and 65 on another site by kev 43 some moving of the goalposts here i think,i for one have never stated that at the time of the glasgow lib that it wasn't right weather wise cos i wasn't interested because i was off site by 6.15 and on the road to kelso looking after the welfare of the north west birds.i'll have no more to say on the matter other than that when i phoned my convoyer at 6 am he said that it wasn't good and with the weather forecasters forecasting heavy rain moving north and with their own admission weren't sure of the speed of the weatherfront or the amount of rainfall i made the decision to move to kelso which also asks the question why did the unc basket saturday for sunday racing,reason i think( might be wrong )is that they thought the weather front was going to be in the north of england in the morning this front never came in as quick as they thought anyway i'll finish off and hope some of the birds make it home including my auld mans who flies with the almond valley who got 5/27

Martin, i will never queation anyhing you request on a sat morning i will always give you my honest opinion, and at 6.10am on sat morn my report was

remembering we were at the top of a hill was low cloud cover with fog at the bottom of the hill as we could not see Otterburn village, some people have got to remember that us as pigeon fanciers can see p;ast our noses and look into the distance! you just have to look at some of the glasgow returns to see who got the best race

martin all i am doing is guarding the actions of those who liberated at otterburn. while the returns are not as good as everyone would wish , the weather at liberation met all the criteria for liberation. the race controllers and convoyers should not be hung for doing their job. unfortunately all this debate does is discourage people to take on jobs for fear of being hammered for doing nothing wrong. i hope more doos turn up to those who are waiting on them.

We ended up with 19/26 nothing since Saturday.Some late pigeons looking a bit nacked.

Peter just want to let you know we have no issues what so ever with your judgement or care of our Pigeons.

all we are all trying to do is give the pigeons a chance.Well said keep up the good work mate appreciate all you have to do.

In addition to this you should not feel the need to come on here to explain your actions.There is proccedures in place, and it dont include this or any other site.

Thanks again Peter

Rab Smith