Pigeon Loft

Guest Walt21

Hello Everyone

Im Ben from Macclesfield i started pigeon racing a couple of years ago and with help from fanciers from my club being the macclesfield club was given some old lofts unfortunatley due a large problem wth rats iv lost most of my pigeons and the sheds are now unfit to be used due to them chewing a large amount of holes in them, so im looking for a second hand pigeon loft approximately 30ft by im not looking for it for free, but need one urgently as the season is starting soon. I really want to race some young birds.

Thanks Ben

Welcome To Pigeon Basics Walt21, congratulations on your first post , as been said your first priority is to remove the vermin problem then look to get a loft probably much cheaper to build your own tho :)

Hi everyone, i have tried and tried with these rats, the loft is on my allotment i have had traps i keep 2 dogs up there, the dogs are catching them and the traps are 2 i have also laid down poision, but there are still coming in. The bloke on the next allotment has chickens and he leaves corn everywhere. So i want to put a new loft in my girlfriends back garden. The ones i have now are no where near in good enough condition to use and i only have 20 pigeons lefgt out of 75. I go there and block the holes up the next day there is another hole its absolutley riddled with them. Everytime i go up i expect to see another set of wings and a carcus on the floor.

Hi everyone, i have tried and tried with these rats, the loft is on my allotment i have had traps i keep 2 dogs up there, the dogs are catching them and the traps are 2 i have also laid down poision, but there are still coming in. The bloke on the next allotment has chickens and he leaves corn everywhere. So i want to put a new loft in my girlfriends back garden. The ones i have now are no where near in good enough condition to use and i only have 20 pigeons lefgt out of 75. I go there and block the holes up the next day there is another hole its absolutley riddled with them. Everytime i go up i expect to see another set of wings and a carcus on the floor.

sorry to here of this problem mate keep us updated

not good , I'd of rung up environmental health to sort out , and educated your chicken friend ;) also rat glue is good . Still you would be probably better to build yer own loft would work out much cheaper 8ft x 4ft shutter board and 2'x2' make a good loft and pretty quick :)

Ideally i wanted made as its going in the girlfiends back garden and dont want the neighbours to moan and also making my own at the minute i wouldnt really have the time unfortunatley due to work commitments. What is rat glue?

Ideally i wanted made as its going in the girlfiends back garden and dont want the neighbours to moan and also making my own at the minute i wouldnt really have the time unfortunatley due to work commitments. What is rat glue?

you could make a good job of it and put upvc cladding on you'd get no complaints just compliments ;) Rat glue is just that a sticky glue that you can paste on a board rat walks on it gets stuck ;)