ANY COMPUTER BUFFS HERE?

My daughter has a problem with her computer

she gets 2 error messages - but I've only written the first one down

MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME ERROR

X Runtime Error

Program C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

The application has requested the runtime to terminate in

an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information

OK

I have done a system resore and this worked for half an hour before the error message came up (and when the message comes up you can't get on the internet - but updates can be done) - any idea what the problem is?

Guest bristolkev

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error with IE 6 on a Windows 2000 machine. After 2 days of searching, I found a reference that said too uninstall the Google toolbar I'd installed (appears at the top of your IE application

1. Go to Start>> Control Panel>> Add/Remove Programs.

2. Scroll the list until you find "Google toolbar for Internet Explorer".

3. Remove the program and reboot your system.

this should work

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error with IE 6 on a Windows 2000 machine. After 2 days of searching, I found a reference that said too uninstall the Google toolbar I'd installed (appears at the top of your IE application

1. Go to Start>> Control Panel>> Add/Remove Programs.

2. Scroll the list until you find "Google toolbar for Internet Explorer".

3. Remove the program and reboot your system.

this should work

I just found that LOL !!!

As I don't have a google tool bar myself - does google have the 'yahoo' on it? (as I noticed the 'yahoo' on my daughters)

also - if its removed - what are you left with LOL!!!

Hiya it can happen if you do not have 3.5 net framework up to date, visual is now out of date and microsoft uses sql., you will also find a recent update fo C++ (14th october). If you can't connect to the internet try working in safe mode with networking and see if it allows you to update (I doubt i will). Otherwise open explorer go to tools/internet options/browsing history /delete, choose all the options and delete. Open again tools/internet options/advanced/reset explorer. Then reboot, this may allow you to connect, go to windows update and check for important updates. Get these up to date.

Can't gaurantee this will help but it may get you back to where you want to be.

Hiya it can happen if you do not have 3.5 net framework up to date, visual is now out of date and microsoft uses sql., you will also find a recent update fo C++ (14th october). If you can't connect to the internet try working in safe mode with networking and see if it allows you to update (I doubt i will). Otherwise open explorer go to tools/internet options/browsing history /delete, choose all the options and delete. Open again tools/internet options/advanced/reset explorer. Then reboot, this may allow you to connect, go to windows update and check for important updates. Get these up to date.

Can't gaurantee this will help but it may get you back to where you want to be.

Her computer is a nightmare LOL!!!

I had done a restore to 2nd October (so that might explain that) but having been over there this morning - I restored further back - to August - more error messages - but atleast from these latest error messages I have been able to find out more information on the internet (can't get on the internet from hers) - seems she has a malware problem - she doesn't have a google bar - but I have seen on there some other bar - the latest error message is pyagcore search detection - which is something today with a 'kiwee' toolbar and MSN (Glad I don't use it LOL) She does have AVG - which I noticed the virus vault was full from September !!

Anyway - thanks Albear, with what you have written and what I have gleaned from the internet I will go over there and see if I can fix the problem - its my grandsons birthday today - wouldn't it be nice for 'nana' to be a hero !!

Anyway - thanks Albear, with what you have written and what I have gleaned from the internet I will go over there and see if I can fix the problem - its my grandsons birthday today - wouldn't it be nice for 'nana' to be a hero !!

The only way nana will be a hero - is if she buys them a new one LOL !!!

Hi REDCHEQHEN,

You could try installing Mozilla Firefox or a later version of Internet Explorer. IE6 is 11 years old and is very prone to errors.

If you upgrade to IE8 or Firefox, you will notice a lot less problems, a big speed increase and also a nice viewing experience :)

I hope that helps

Thanks - but daughter has IE7 - also - cannot access the internet - in fact - since I ran AVG - cannot even use cursors or mouse to log in - or to try in safe mode

buy the bairn a new one ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Grandbairn (10 & 11) or my bairn (older than 21 (evil) )

Computer sorted by 'a friend of a friend'

Hopefully she can keep the anti virus up to date and there is now a block to stop the 'bairns' downloading all and sundry !!

Thanks for the offer though pigeonpete

Could some one help me out . i  cant fix my pms it says iam over quota. any ideas? nothin silly like.

there was a thread posted aboutthis last night. go to your member centre and delete some through there.

everybody pm capacity has been reduced!