Solway Federation

yeboah

Solway federation agm this Sunday ,first up vote whether we set race programme now or wait till after snfc decide,next up east or west. proposal in to have first race from stainmore then miss out cumbrian fells and go to lymm (manchester) that would make my first race 76 miles then next 141 miles ok if weather kind early on in season ,alternative east route returns were better by fed records but lot of pigeon traffic on that side think i will go with the flow as situation in our area like so many others is becoming serious regarding bop

I would rather wait for the SNFC but if its racin from Belgium then it has to be east for me. Defo miss them hills but know that it means a big jump for you and walter/kenny.Not for the rumoured YB prog of appleby, stainmore,appleby as the switchin aboot is crap. JMO

Cheers Steven

I would rather wait for the SNFC but if its racin from Belgium then it has to be east for me. Defo miss them hills but know that it means a big jump for you and walter/kenny.Not for the rumoured YB prog of appleby, stainmore,appleby as the switchin aboot is crap. JMO

Cheers Steven

not bothered so much about the jump ,would liked two short ones first from 70 miles to give lb a chance if weather unkind ,would like to see a later start to the programme Steven ,i no its not easy trying to keep everyone happy in our fed because of the geography think our federation result would be fairer if we adopted the system used by some of my Irish friends that being measured from a breaking point say longtown would make it fairer for the dumfries and dalbeattie fanciers

Nothing to do with me really as I fly in Derwent Valley Cumbria.We all know what the weather can be like early on in the season,or for some other reason may be through illness be it the birds or the fancier or a hen or two that have just laid? I think having a couple from the same shorter race point is a good idea.

Lindsay.

For the avoidance of doubt the only choice on the cards tomorrow is either that the Solway Fed. does not set their race programme until probably early February 2011 after the SNFC have set their programme OR that we go with the programme set by the management committee and sent to each member on the sheet calling the members to the AGM.

There has been a maximum effort to try and find out what the clubs think and the decision will be arrived at democratically by the membership.

For the avoidance of doubt the only choice on the cards tomorrow is either that the Solway Fed. does not set their race programme until probably early February 2011 after the SNFC have set their programme OR that we go with the programme set by the management committee and sent to each member on the sheet calling the members to the AGM.

There has been a maximum effort to try and find out what the clubs think and the decision will be arrived at democratically by the membership.

Well done Walter, but remember tae make the right decision LOL :lol::lol:

If the members decide not to wait for SNFC then is the management commitees prog gospel straight off no debate???

Absolutely Steven no other race programme has been submitted.The only other choice would be to go with the Status Quo i.e. the 2010 programme and I would be surprised if that got much support.

Am no real fussed aboot direction just the flippin frae east tae west in the first 3 YB races that worries me really!

Well decision day is here!!!

Will it be east, will it be west

jump the hills or not

or wait for the SNFC and decide then

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

If you come up the West coast Steven you might do us lads a favour and feed the BOP before we get hammered,it's killing the sport in this area.North road might be a good option for us,but that will never happen.

Good luck mate whatever the outcome is.

Lindsay

If you come up the West coast Steven you might do us lads a favour and feed the BOP before we get hammered,it's killing the sport in this area.North road might be a good option for us,but that will never happen.

Good luck mate whatever the outcome is.

Lindsay

Ye i know Lindsay, east might be best especially as the SNFC will be over theeast as well. I know that other members of the fed will not be interested in wot the nat does but I think the majority do!

Have no preference from where we race from, however, the SNFC programme shouldn't dictate ours.

My best racing is with the West Cumbrian boys ;)

Im just thinkin of racein west then havein oor channel doos swing back east would be a disadvantage Chris? The SNFC a rumoured tae be gan even further east aswell! Keep gan and we will be racin frae Norway and we will be last drop :lol::lol::lol:

agm was over in under an hour ,majority decision to have further meeting one month after national decides its programme not a wrong word spoken today ,we are becoming a very civilised lot down here :):D

Are you sure Grahamie was there Mike???

Think its the best way? Can we put an alternative prog in now?