One Eyed Cold.....

barlbylofts

Guest chad3646

one eyed cold is a symtom of ornithosis best cure ornispecial in BHW belgica de weerd products needs treating for 21 days to clean the blood hope this helps

TREAT WITH ORAMYCINE OR TERRAMYCINE A LITTLE PINCH INTHE EYE ONE DAY PROBLEM SOLVED

EITHER THAT GO TO A VET WHO KNOWS *expletive removed* ALL ABOUT BIRDS AND IT WILL COST YOU A SMALL FORTUNE

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chad3646

I'm going back a long time now, 40+ years and fighting with me memory. No general access to internet then, and it was all word-of-mouth, the odd pigeon book and articles in pigeon weekly and monthly magazines. :)

I've only had one case of 'one eyed cold' in a pigeon in my life and the 'remedy' then was an eyewash, boracic acid crystals? Only remembered name today and there's an article on it in Wikipaeda :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boric_acid

Anybody remember this?

WHAT HAPPENED TO ITS EYE THAT,S IF IT STILL HAD IT BORACIC ACID :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Guest chad3646

THOUGHT I TOLD YOU, THE WHEELIE BIN.

IF YOU ARE BEING SERIOUS YOU WANT TO PACK PIGEONS IN

I HAD THREE PI GEONS ALL WITH ONE EYED COLD TREATED THEM WITH ORAMYCINE

THOSE PIGEONS ALL SCORED IN RENNES ONE OF THEM THREE TIMES OUT OF RENNES

SO PIGEON MEN DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM

Guest chad3646

I have a bird with a one eyed cold. Will it ever be back to 100%?

So basicly what do you think Kill OR Cure???

OF COURSE AS I HAVE STATED ON THIS THREAD IT IS ASIMPLE CURE

IHAVE CURED THEM AND THEY HAVE SCORED FROM RENNES

#SO DO NOT LISTEN TO SOME OF THE REMEDIES ON HEAR

LIKE SPIT IN THERE EYE WHAT A PLONKER

"One eye cold" is often an indicator that chlamydia psittaci has infected your bird(s). It is also transmittable to humans and other animals. Simply putting tetracycline drops in the eye will more than likely not remove the problem and an orthinosis cure is probably in order. Pigeons that recover can carry the disease and not display symptoms, but periodically shed the organisms. If you take some droppings from the affected pigeon to the veterinarian, he/she can culture it and tell you if this is the problem.

Over crowding and incorect ventilation are usually the prime cause .

"One eye cold" is often an indicator that chlamydia psittaci has infected your bird(s). It is also transmittable to humans and other animals. Simply putting tetracycline drops in the eye will more than likely not remove the problem and an orthinosis cure is probably in order. Pigeons that recover can carry the disease and not display symptoms, but periodically shed the organisms. If you take some droppings from the affected pigeon to the veterinarian, he/she can culture it and tell you if this is the problem.

Over crowding and incorect ventilation are usually the prime cause .

My hen what had the eye problem is now fine, As are the rest in my lofts, I test the dropping at least 2/3 times a year to make sure that my birds are in correct health, Sent one off at the back end off 2012, all came back clear. Either it wasn't 'one eye cold' Or that treatment i used did the job, As it was recommended by the farm where i shop for most pigeon products. The ventilation in my loft is spot on, and my loft's aren't over crowded.

My hen what had the eye problem is now fine, As are the rest in my lofts, I test the dropping at least 2/3 times a year to make sure that my birds are in correct health, Sent one off at the back end off 2012, all came back clear. Either it wasn't 'one eye cold' Or that treatment i used did the job, As it was recommended by the farm where i shop for most pigeon products. The ventilation in my loft is spot on, and my loft's aren't over crowded.

Andy Respiratory infections wouldn't show in a dropping test.

Regards

Ryan

Andy Respiratory infections wouldn't show in a dropping test.

Regards

Ryan

So i was told, I treat for it. However I rarely have birds ill, This year i couldn't get my yb's to come for 1st two races, but after that they was coming spot on.

I tried the Golden eye drops a couple of years ago without success Pompy so went and got Aureomycin (spelling?) from the vet and a tiny pinch put straight into the eye cures it over night. However regardless of what you use to clear it up, the infected eye will lose some Depth of Colour compared to its original appearance.

john i found its the aureomycin that causes the colour change may be burning the eye found a pinch down the throat works all so putting it in drinker but takes a day or to this way

• 3 weeks later...

Like I say, and hundreds of others. Two National winners confirmed again this past Sunday'Spit in the ye' Especially if a heavy smoker. Has and does always work. Planet Earth and common senseis where I am from. The part where wasting money and bolstering others coffers is thought highly foolish. Where it is best to ignore the big headed and ego trippers. Especially, those that have very little common knowlegde always Boo hoo common sense and past remedies because of ignorance and oft own stupidity.

What is overlooked and very valid is that the Mouth, tongue etc. is, and has it's own Medicine box. It carries very many remedies. like a dog etc. Animals, much goodnss and remedies are within the slava etc. Why pay says I when I have used like most simple and effective remedies THAT work?!

Mind would love to know how and why only one eye is picked on lol.

It is but as I say. say your money.