Old Hand Products

showman

About 7 or 8 years ago, I purchased an Old Hand pigeon product which from memory was called Pigeon Dip. It came in a plastic container, and you emptied the contents into about a gallon of warm water. You then dipped each pigeon in and I found it to be excellent for prolonged lice control. I also remember it having a very 'soapy' feel and the birds took about 3 days to fully dry out !! Have tried to find some more, to no avail. Any help or info. would be much appreciated.

About 7 or 8 years ago, I purchased an Old Hand pigeon product which from memory was called Pigeon Dip. It came in a plastic container, and you emptied the contents into about a gallon of warm water. You then dipped each pigeon in and I found it to be excellent for prolonged lice control. I also remember it having a very 'soapy' feel and the birds took about 3 days to fully dry out !! Have tried to find some more, to no avail. Any help or info. would be much appreciated.

HI showman i remember this product well and i used it many times years back,the nearest thing that i have seen to it is a simple mix that you make up yourself and that works very well.You crush one mothball and add to one pint of hot water and stir to dissolve you then add this to one gallon of water and a teaspoon of baby shampoo dip your birds and you will see it really soaks through and you need to put them into the loft or aviary as it takes forever for them to dry but you will see some shine of them in a couple of days and no mites or lice for months.I think i read about this dip in Bilco's pigeon gas.Hopes this helps

Jimmy

there is an old hands pigeon supplies somewhere in devon,but,for life of me can think of name !

did talk with the lady once in that supplies and she told me,that it was her grandfather or father who was old hand,,,,,,which to me now,i cant recall !

Bit in BHW a while back saying that they were finishing up and retiring, then a Company bought them over. Sorry, can't remember who new firm are, but the Old Hand' brand name is retained.

Guest Tooshy Boy

HARKERS PIGEON DIP ISS A LICENSED PRODUCT DESIGNRD TO ERADICATE ANDCONTROL FEATHER DESTROYING PARASITES WHICH CAUSE BROKEN TAIL FEATHERS AND FLIGHTS BARE PATCHES WEAK AND BROKEN QUILLS AND PERFORATED FEATHER WEBBING PIGEOD DIP IS A POWDER CONCENTRATE WHICHIS DISSOLVED INTO ONE GALLON OF WATER BIRDS ARE CAREFULLY IMMERSED IN THE SOLUTION UP TO THIER HEAD THE FEATHERS SHOULD BE RUFFLED TO ALLOW THE DIP TO PENETRATE AND AFTER 20 SECONDS THE BIRD REMOWED AND THE FEATHERS GENTLY SQUEEZED TO REMOWE EXCESS SOLUTION BIRDSMUST BE ALLOWED TIME TO DRY OUT IN WARM CONDITIONS BEFORE NIGHTFALL PIGEONS MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO BATH FOR AT LEAST 7.DAYS AFTER TREATMENT. YOURS IN SPORT .TOOSHY BOY.////