Red Kites Poisoned

frank-123

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/cumbria/hi/people_and_places/nature/newsid_8884000/8884192.stm

red kites have been released in cumbria for the last three years

they are fed by human hand until they no longer need food but find there own

guess they would not take our pigeons but would sure scare them and what about the peregrines, hen harriers ,sparrowhawks and other birds of prey in cumbria sure they will all welcome more birds of prey into there feeding and breeding grounds

Guest Blaydon Racer

Red kites have been released in the Derwent valley near my loft over the last few years and regularly fly overhead.

They pose absolutely no threat to racing pigeons apart from the fact that the birds are a bit nervous when they see them in the sky

And by the way I'm not a member of the RSPB

These birds are Majestic (nor am I a member of the RSPB). There were loads introduced to the Wycombe area about 10 - 15 years ago. I've watched them spread out over those years and have seen them up as far as Peterborough. They are absolutely no threat at all to pigeons as they are purely carrion. I love seeing them fairly close up - they are awesome birds.

D.D.

Guest bluemorning

These birds are Majestic (nor am I a member of the RSPB). There were loads introduced to the Wycombe area about 10 - 15 years ago. I've watched them spread out over those years and have seen them up as far as Peterborough. They are absolutely no threat at all to pigeons as they are purely carrion. I love seeing them fairly close up - they are awesome birds.

D.D.

well put dave, we all should be trying to share info on bop attacks on pigeons. nesting is over this year the kill rate will drop.next year when the nest sites of falcons are on veiw why dont us pigeon men use these to monitor when the chicks are well fed, then let our birds out bop dont kill for fun. when the chicks are full the desire to hunt by the parents is reduced.plenty of street pigeons for them to take let them eat these first