ets traps

tryer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest frank dooman

Sorry but your wrong the bird DOESNT have to be in the shed when timed by ETS.

does it not say the bird must be within the confines of the loft  tony

Guest frank dooman

RPRA rules say the anttenae as to be within the confines of the loft not the bird.

so how can the pads be inside and the bird be timmed out side but thats all ways been my views that the shu got that wrong it should say the bird has to be within the loft doesnt matter where the pad is ie the pad fixed under the bottom of a sputnik the bird needs to drop into the trap to activate the ets that was ilagal in scotland but if the pad was fixed under the landing board (inside the sputnik) so the bird would time when it landed on the outside of the trap it would be timmed now thats wrong!!!!!

so how can the pads be inside and the bird be timmed out side but thats all ways been my views that the shu got that wrong it should say the bird has to be within the loft doesnt matter where the pad is ie the pad fixed under the bottom of a sputnik the bird needs to drop into the trap to activate the ets that was ilagal in scotland but if the pad was fixed under the landing board (inside the sputnik) so the bird would time when it landed on the outside of the trap it would be timmed now thats wrong!!!!!

I have 4 differant traps with ETS pads fitted, on each one the bird can be timed without being confined in the loft but the pads are set so they are inside the loft,the bird can be timed and then fly off again if it likes but the pads are definatley inside the loft.  

Guest frank dooman

I have 4 differant traps with ETS pads fitted, on each one the bird can be timed without being confined in the loft but the pads are set so they are inside the loft,the bird can be timed and then fly off again if it likes but the pads are definatley inside the loft.  

and in your oppinion is this right/legal????

and in your oppinion is this right/legal????

Yes because the rule says,The antennae of the ETS must be fitted within the confines of the loft or trapping systems,which they are,   not underneath external landing boards,which they arent,nowhere in the rule does it mention the pigeon.

Guest frank dooman

Yes because the rule says,The antennae of the ETS must be fitted within the confines of the loft or trapping systems,which they are,   not underneath external landing boards,which they arent,nowhere in the rule does it mention the pigeon.

you are 100% correct but some just cant wait to expliot a mistake now thats sad!!!!! many were doing it before it was brought in and kept stum it all comes out in the washing

you are 100% correct but some just cant wait to expliot a mistake now thats sad!!!!! many were doing it before it was brought in and kept stum it all comes out in the washing

Could be as TONY C says Wait until after the RPRA AGM as they did try and change the rule a few months ago so that the pigeon was confined to the loft or trapping system,so this may yet come in.

Guest frank dooman

Could be as TONY C says Wait until after the RPRA AGM as they did try and change the rule a few months ago so that the pigeon was confined to the loft or trapping system,so this may yet come in.

sory tony not an excuse for those that decided to exploit the system allready sad for a few seconds when it has been proven ets allready give a 10/15 sec advantage

Tony, the rule wasn't changed. The London Region asked for clarification on the rule as there was some confusion (the meaning of confines). Consequently an ad appeared in the Homing World stating the pigeon had to be inside the loft to be timed (or words to that effect). Lo and behold a few weeks later another ad appeared in the Homing World telling us all to disregard that ruling.

No wonder confusion rules.

I don’t personally care whether the pads are inside the loft or out, whether the pigeon has to be confined or not but what does bother me is that us/we the fanciers have to police this system ourselves so please give us a set of rules that can be only interpreted one way.

i agree with tony c . and if you dont have any metal near your pad it will clock the birds before they tread on the pad also all ets systems advertise they will clock through thick wooden boards some say six inches of oak so how far away will they clock  . by the way the germans are developing a system for open door clocking they pass through a beam while flying to the box .. so it looks like we will have plenty of ets topics in the near future lolololol

So I take it they can pass under the pad and still be registered

Rough sketch of how simple it could be

Perhaps but I wouldn't trust it. If it fails to register a pigeon sods law says It'll be your first one home.