ets traps

tryer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like all the  Unions have different rules.

Sheer madness :-/ :-/ surely the manufacturers can issue the intended use of their products, thus removing the unions totally. So instead of having loads of unions we have 3-4 manufacturers that can come together. Blooming frustrating to see all these grey areas regarding the supposedly state of the art system. Make no wonder some people prefer using conventional clocks ;)

Would it matter if the bird flew out of the trap after it had been clocked or does the bird have to been confined to the loft after it is clocked.

It doesn't say in the rules but I would read it as if a bird enters a trap then it should be trapped, I think what you described was an entrance, the bob wires at the end being the trap, jusy saying incase you get a national winner  ;D

Guest peter.j
I have never been able to understand why people have so much trouble in understanding the rule regarding ETS,  dont try to find problems that dont exist to me it is quite simple rule 241 says,sThe antennae of the ETS must be fitted within the confines of the loft or trapping systems,that is all it is except where it also says not underneath external landing boards which again to me is straitforward enough,there is NO mention about the pigeon where it should or should not be.

no disrespect pigeon man but if your bird can land be clocked and then leave of its own free will this could be interpreted as not  having the pads within the confines of your loft im not saying it isnt but would you leave it to chance when the fed topper comes in only for somebody to put in a complaint and you lose it , i myself would say yours is at the entrance and once thru the bobs it is then within the confines of your loft but thats my interpretation of the rule j.m.h.o...peter j

Under WHPU rules a bird must not be able to leave after timing

thats a new one on me i thought that the bird must be timed in side the loft dnt think anything states that the bird cant go back out as long as its been timed inside wat does it matter if it goes back out :-/

My loft has an aviary along the front of my loft

I am planning to extend with something similar to this along the front of the aviary

The birds will enter along the top of the extension which will be used as a landing board, I plan to put the pads/antenna inside the aviary will this be considered part of my loft?

My loft has an aviary along the front of my loft

I am planning to extend with something similar to this along the front of the aviary

The birds will enter along the top of the extension which will be used as a landing board, I plan to put the pads/antenna inside the aviary will this be considered part of my loft?

Not under the landing board ie aviary they would need to be past your bobs going by the photo ;)

Guest puresoontjen

I,m sorry but your wrong,my trap is as follows,imagine a box with open ends the box is fitted inside the loft with the pad fitted underneath it,so the pad is within the confines of the loft,on the back of the box are bobwires so the bird can get into the loft without any of the others getting out,the front of the box is open and is flush with the outside of the loft, a landing board is hinged to this which is dropped down when the bird arrives home it lands on the landing board goes into the box and is clocked in,if it wants to it can then fly back out or go through the bob wires into the loft.

your right tony thats exactly who ive got mine.

Who comes out and checks to see if you traps are legal??? surely they wouls know the rules :-/

its all down to  trust  :X who are they to make the rules we the members should get a say lets start a poll to see where the pads should be surely the biggest forum in the world must hold some clout  ;)

its all down to  trust  :X who are they to make the rules we the members should get a say lets start a poll to see where the pads should be surely the biggest forum in the world must hold some clout  ;)

I think if a bird flies home whether it be 60 or 600 miles to your loft will that extra 6" matter, lets face it the ones at the back of the basket have to travel more than that and not all are let out at the same split second :-/

Guest frank dooman

i dont know about you,s but when my 1st bird comes i want it in the loft regardless wheather its timmed or not and the same for every bird after it and lets face it if a bird races home it will go in before or after its been timmed so maybe we are making a mountain out of a mole hill

i dont know about you,s but when my 1st bird comes i want it in the loft regardless wheather its timmed or not and the same for every bird after it and lets face it if a bird races home it will go in before or after its been timmed so maybe we are making a mountain out of a mole hill

I was just asking before I alter my loft to make sure I do it right :)

I was just asking before I alter my loft to make sure I do it right :)

would it be worth asking a club official to visit Dunc?? just to make sure you dont have to do the job twice?? best of luck with it mate.    andy.

would it be worth asking a club official to visit Dunc?? just to make sure you dont have to do the job twice?? best of luck with it mate.    andy.

I will do but not many have ets in our club, I just thought with the wealth of information we have on here someone would know :-/

The birds in the loft shouldnt be registered for the race so shouldnt register on the pad?

yes they do they register as trainers

so if youve say 40 away youve to scroll through the lot to see if youve got them all home

and youve not registered a trainer ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Tony, the rule wasn't changed. The London Region asked for clarification on the rule as there was some confusion (the meaning of confines). Consequently an ad appeared in the Homing World stating the pigeon had to be inside the loft to be timed (or words to that effect). Lo and behold a few weeks later another ad appeared in the Homing World telling us all to disregard that ruling.

No wonder confusion rules.

http://www.rpra.org/RPRANews/tabid/57/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1/RULE-241--TRAPS.aspx

RPRA Rule 241 remains as printed in the Rule book and reproduced below:

“241. The antennae of the ETS must be fitted within the confines of the loft or trapping systems, not underneath external landing boards. Club officials may make random checks at any time. Contravention of this rule will result in disciplinary action under rule 70A.â€

The opinion given by the committee to an enquiry from a Region Committee reported in the British Homing World (RPRA Spring Meeting) on 10 April that: “any ETS trapping system where the bird is recorded before the bird is confined within the trap or loft contravenes Rule 241†is suspended.

The Council Officers have confirm that Rule 241 is unchanged and that the opinion given by the committee at the recent Coventry meeting is in abeyance pending a full review of RPRA rules by the Rules Review Committee being carried out over the next six months.